IGNORED

takes a lickin & keeps on tickin

hmoc75

hey guys... haven"t been on in a while and thought i would give you a shout. i now have the time...the better half and i was out on a short ride when we started into a curve and the front wheel caught either a rock or road debrie. this caused us to go far into the other lane. i tried to get her as low as possible. the foot peg was dragging the pavement but it just wasn't enough. we left the road and was ok for a minute the front wheel hit a small hole hidden by the grass. the bike flipped to the left side and threw my wife off and flipped me over the sheild. i landed about 20 ft from the bike and my wife about 5 ft from it. needless to say we were carried to the hospital in an ambulance. we spent about 4 hours getting test done and thank god we were sent home the same day. wife has a large bruise on her leg and i have pulled mussles in my back. (when i landed it was on my back). still have trouble getting up and walking. pain meds seem to take the edge off. as far as the bike it gonna need a new fairing and a new saddle bag rail on the left side. first gens are sure tough though. no leaks and still purrs like a kitten. any one with extra parts that will fit a 91 let me know. take care everyone your fellow venturer steve:Avatars_Gee_George:

OOOO good to hear that you two are ok, kind of scary to read these type of posts. Hope all works out well for you two and your scoot. I'm sure that help will be available soon.

I've never had that exact situation happen to me, but there has been times that it was close and that is when I found that the training course helped out mega time. I found that when I got into such a predicament the only way out was to push harder and roll on more throttle, not always was I was doing, and so cause an extra wide curvature. The instructors drilled us with the statement: THE THROTTLE IS YOUR FRIEND. I've come to believe that.

The best to you

Carl

Glad to see and hear you can tell us about it. Could have been a car or 18 wheeler coming the other direction....but either way it could have been a lot worse..

Hope you both heal up like new again.

Hope you find all the parts you need to rebuild it Steve. :thumbsup2:

Glad to hear you and the Mrs. came out out of the bender with just a few bruses. It coulda been a lot worse. I wish you luck trying to find a fairing for that scoot. I've been looking for a matching right hand upper in that color combo for 6-7 months now. It's a tough paint as the black and dark gray have small blue flecks in the base coat. Almost impossible to match. If you do end up parting it out, give me a shout, I wanna talk to you about the trunk.... :)