IGNORED

New 2009 Harleys

Guest tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

Harley Davidson has announced the 2009 lineup, and the big news for us in the Harley fold is the upgraded frame on the touring bikes.

I have always had some issues with the way the FL's handle, and I paid to upgrade mine with a frame stablizer.

Looks like they might be on the right track now..I'll ride one in Sturgis in a couple weeks and report back.

Guest tx2sturgis
What kind of special tank badge will the ones with a good frame have?

"I'm not phat, I'm just BIG BONED!"

:big-grin-emoticon:

Not really on subject, but.

Just took part of my lunch hour to walk around the Harley dealer they had a white pearl Ultra Classic with the Screamin Eagle up grade. $35,000 :scared:. Yikes.

Made the blue Ultra classic look like a bargan at $22,000. Maybe thats why the Screamin' Eagle version was parked by the door. So that every thing else seemed like a bargan.

I do not understand spending the money on the Screamn' Eagle upgrades. Guess if you just have to have that bigger engine and more horsepower....

I am perfectly happy with a bike that hits freeway speeds easily. Never been one to try to beat the guy next to me off the line. I can promise you, you will beat me to the next stop light, no need to spend the extra bucks on the larger engine.

Guest tx2sturgis
Not really on subject, but.

Just took part of my lunch hour to walk around the Harley dealer they had a white pearl Ultra Classic with the Screamin Eagle up grade. $35,000 :scared:. Yikes.

That was probably a CVO bike. Special, limited edition bikes from the factory. And yep...some riders will pay that kind of money for one.

Not me tho.

But, they ARE nice.

Hypothetically, lets say Yamaha did that. Put out a few factory upgraded Ventures. Special numbering, and say, 140 hp motor, fuel injection, throaty exhaust, performance clutch, smooth and quiet gearing, 50 watt sound system with CD and satellite radio, special paint and graphics, full instrumentation, upgraded stator, HID forward lighting, etc..

How much more would you pay? 2 grand? 5 grand? 10 grand? Well, whatever...it would be nice to see something like that.

Edited by tx2sturgis

I do not understand spending the money on the Screamn' Eagle upgrades. Guess if you just have to have that bigger engine and more horsepower....

I am perfectly happy with a bike that hits freeway speeds easily. Never been one to try to beat the guy next to me off the line. I can promise you, you will beat me to the next stop light, no need to spend the extra bucks on the larger engine.

Well I'm not likely to spend the money on the "Plain Jane" Ultra. Although, it comes with almost everything on it that I would want plus an almost endless supply of chrome from Harley and the aftermarket. Nice stereo, CB, intercom, air deflectors, and driving lights. Don't think I would add anything but perhaps the drivers back rest.

That was probably a CVO bike. Special, limited edition bikes from the factory. And yep...some riders will pay that kind of money for one.

Not me tho.

But, they ARE nice.

Hypothetically, lets say Yamaha did that. Put out a few factory upgraded Ventures. Special numbering, and say, 140 hp motor, fuel injection, throaty exhaust, performance clutch, smooth and quiet gearing, 50 watt sound system with CD and satellite radio, special paint and graphics, full instrumentation, upgraded stator, HID forward lighting, etc..

How much more would you pay? 2 grand? 5 grand? 10 grand? Well, whatever...it would be nice to see something like that.

could happen, watch for upcoming events. how about all that and alot more. :)

Next year's the 100th anniversary of the Harley V-Twin engine... I expecting special editions up the wazoo...

You know what I don't understand is the Cross Bones... This thing looks like they had some extra parts laying around and wanted to get rid of them... Let's seee Nightrain Softail frame and engine ok... Scratched up Springer front ends ok we'll powdercoat em and throw em on... we'll make it sound cool... hey what about these left over FLH spoke wheels we could use them... sure why not... how bout these Sportster mini-apes... yeah paint them black too

The worst part is they put a single piston caliper on the single disk front and a 2 piston caliper on the back... And they're probably flying out the door.

http://z.about.com/d/motorcycles/1/7/b/F/-/-/08_FLSTSB_07.jpg

I actually like the steamroller tire up front... I think that's all the Stratoliner needs to look cool and maybe a taildragger front frnder...

All they need now is some "Cross Bones" boots with Stainless steel inserts in the heel in case you gotta stop fast... Fred Flintstone brakes... that's really retro.

I have always had some issues with the way the FL's handle, and I paid to upgrade mine with a frame stablizer.

If you have issues with the way FL's handle, how do you feel about the RSV - seriously? I have two HD's (FLHT and FLHTC) and their handling is superior to my RSV without question. The front ends on the Ventures are really not good. I'm not knocking my RSV, I love it and it serves a purpose, but it is not even close to being as agile as my FLHTs. My RSV is better in certain other aspects which is why I have it and why I like it. None of them can touch my Triumph.

Went by the other Harley dealership at noon. They had another one of those CVO Ultra Classic's. This one was $39,500. Do you think if I walked into another HD dealership it would be $45,000.

These dealers don't wiggle much on their asking price. $400 is all they would come of of an '08 Ultra Classic. I guess if they sell all that they get in they don't have to come off much.

The SE model was sweet though, metalic white and metalic orange. Very striking.

I almost bought a 96 Royal Star in 05 before I scored my RSV at the HD Dealer here in Augusta it was tourquoise & white with a Mustang seat Wshield and hard leather bags with 13K on it... they were asking 6500 I offered 6 they came back with 6450.. I walked out expecting a chase and it never happened... course it was in may right before riding season here... They don't budge... Hell look at what those Harley guys pay for T-shirts.

I went and looked at the new HDs before I bought my 08 RSV and the prices are way out there thats why I went with the RSV. Harley does make some very nice looking bikes, I love the pearl white and charcoal Ultra they have here and I am thinking very seriously about painting mine like it this winter it does look classy.