IGNORED

Windows Vista Pros

gibvel

try this....maybe she can disable it where u change it....1. Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE, and then click Change a password.

2. Type your old password, type your new password, type your new password again to confirm it, and then press ENTER.

maybe try this........are u talking about the screen saver password ...like when u come back to computer.? she would have to undo this :

1. Open Screen Saver Settings by clicking the Start button http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/QueryWS/GetOpenContent.aspx?assetID=4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33&DocumentSet=en-US&RenderKey=XML, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization, and then clicking Screen Saver.

2. Select the On resume, require logon check box, set a time after which to start the screen saver, and then click Apply. (Choose a wait time that's not long enough for an unauthorized person to use your computer, but not so short that if you are idle for a moment, the screen saver locks your computer.)

If ('0eded2c1-f820-42f7-8efd-9007b70d795a1033#gtmt_fast_user_switching_def', 'EDC')'>Fast User Switching is turned on, select the On resume, display logon screen check box.

try this....maybe she can disable it where u change it....1. Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE, and then click Change a password.

2. Type your old password, type your new password, type your new password again to confirm it, and then press ENTER.

I don't use Vista but in XP, if you don't want a password, do the above but for the new password, don't enter anything... then, when it boots and prompts for a login, just hit Enter (no password required)

Sometimes i miss trying to find different settings. The Vista release was what finally pushed me to a Mac. Now using the computer is boring, it just works.

Jerry

Unfortunately, sooner or later all of us will either have to accept Vista -OR- switch to MAC or Linux ... and unfortunately, MAC and Linux will get "some" but most will be going to Vista...

Next year we will be replacing all our workstations and I'm sure not looking forward to that although we may well just re-use our Windows XP and sell off the old PC's without an OS or maybe stick Linux onto them. We have no choice other than sticking with Windows (something) due to the design of our network and the apps running on it.

My Sister In Law is tired of typing a password in everytime she takes her computer off of sleep or boots it up again.

How would I go about disableing the password on her computer?

To totally disable an account password in Vista:

1. (below the other pics) click on Start (the Windows icon for accessing the applications).

2. click on Control Panel

3. click on User Accounts

4. click on remove your password.