IGNORED

Zanesville, Oh

midnightrider54

Saturday is suppose to be nice. So I thought I would take the day and ride. Thinking about riding up to Zanesville, Ohio. Then coming back down SR 555 (Ohio's verison of the Tail of the Dragon) to US 50.

Can anyone recomend any good places to stop and see or places to eat?

Thanks!

If you come down the 555 to 78 go west to Burr Oak State Park the Inn has good food and the scenery is great. 78 is clean and good blacktop and twisties take it to 33 go north to Logan pick up 374 or 180, this will take you through Hocking Hills in the Hocking forest.

You have Old Man's Cave, Cedar Falls, Cockles Hollow and much more.

Take 374 to 56, 56 to 327 to 50 then home would be a great ride. I would hook up with you but I have to take my granddaughters to SC to there mother they live in Florida.

Dale

PS, If you want to ride some time let me know ahead of time (740-554-7659 Chesterhill)

The foot hills of the appellation's is a great place to ride.

Thanks! Dale

Looks like a great ride. Kim and I and another couple are looking forward to spending the day riding. Kim and I have camped at Hocking Hills a few years back and really liked the area. Too bad your not going to be in the area you could join us. Maybe next time. Summer's not over yet. I always try to find somewhere to ride on Saturdays. Last weekend we road down to Lexington Ky. So if you have a free Saturday let me know. Maybe we can hook up.

Chuck

If you come down 555, then you aren't far from the real Dragon of the upper Ohio Valley. Go North to Hanibal,pick 536, and use those sides of the tires and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW it comes out onto 78 to 800, ifin you have to get home. I just rode it last saturday, and no gravel anywhere. FWIW sport bikes like it, show them some consideration, IF they catch you.

Have a good ride. We have been up in that area, sure we wish we had known about these twisties. I do not think most people from out of the state of Ohio would believe that there is any thing like Hocking Hills in Ohio. It is truly a beautiful area.

Keep a riden Ohio!

Mama:big-grin-emoticon:

Yesterday Eileen and I rode 550. We left Parkersburg and went over to Athens and then caught 550 from Athens to Marietta. Very nice curvy road though a bit rough in spots. Then took 7 back down to Parkersburg, WV. Nice ride but wasn't very long.

Going to do the covered bridge scenic ride on 26 though Wayne National Forrest today.

I wish I had known about this site last Friday night! I just rode last Saturday about one third of what you guys are talking about. I left Paris, went 64 to Charleston WVa, then 77to Parkersburg, 50to Hillsboro, 62to Maysville, then 68 back into Paris- alone.462 miles in 8 hours, on my Vulcan800. Would've liked some company, but most folks don't like to ride with me because I never stop any where.

If you come down the 555 to 78 go west to Burr Oak State Park the Inn has good food and the scenery is great. 78 is clean and good blacktop and twisties take it to 33 go north to Logan pick up 374 or 180, this will take you through Hocking Hills in the Hocking forest.

You have Old Man's Cave, Cedar Falls, Cockles Hollow and much more.

Take 374 to 56, 56 to 327 to 50 then home would be a great ride.

Dale,

Thanks! for the info. This was a really great ride. We changed our ride a little. We Picked up 327 off 50. Worked our way up to Burr Oak State Park. Then took 555 back down to 50. Then picked up 124 and rode the Ohio River. 374 miles round trip.

For anyone that has not been in this area. It is a great place to ride. I've not done the "Tail of the Dragon", but 555 is one curvey road!!!

Chuck

Same as Squiley says--you set it up and we'll be there!!! You'se guys need to come over here next Saturday--- I74 up outta Cincinnati to Greensburg, then 46 over to Columbus, In. 'bout 60-90 minutes from downtown Cincy.

Dan

Chuck, check yourself in on the calendar, saw your post on the ride thread. It'll be great to have you along. I'm originally from Col's. Oh, so I know the area you guys have over there. Just need time to do it. If you schedule one, makes it easier to plan to get over there for me.

Chuck+Kim: Great to see you both this AM and hope you enjoyed Todd, our numbers are down a little with vacations but still a great service hope you all come back. if you have any questions give me a buzz or stop by, I have class @ Wright State starting tomarrow thru next Friday but we need to get a ride or better yet set a date and see who on the site can come down. take care Brian D.:322: