IGNORED

Pathetically, But She Runs!!!

Yammer Dan

Got carbs back on "Shady Lady" and had to use starting fluid to get her started. Would only run at idle with choke all the way on! Sat and scratched head for a hour or so, swapped out fuel pump and she runs!! Am I that stupid?? I had changed it before with one off a running bike. More I thought about it it just didn't seem to be getting fuel. No air box or anything on it but it runs!! At last a step in the right direction. Get it buttoned back up and enough plastic on her to take for trial. Want to see if 2nd gear is there. Get her on road and Color-Tune, Carb-Tune, (Mecury Sticks for me) Plastic glue and see what I've got. Problem is back to work and they called me today whining about being short and would I come in and help out?? NO!!! How long til Ashville????

"BROWN SUGAR" Don't need to worry.

(YET)

Good to hear about the progress Dan! It'll get there with some more persistence - stick with it Bud! We're all routin' for you. :happy34:

Too bad it wasn't ready for the rally, but some progress is better than none...........:fingers-crossed-emo

I know what you mean about the plastics, I dived right in at the deep end with my 84 Venture Royal, all the plastics were broken, and I do mean All. I used Plastex which has worked quite well, but some of the repairs still keep breaking which pi***s me off as I goto remove the panels again:mad:. Keep up the good work, you'll get there in the end.