IGNORED

Lost passenger push talk button possible at Kitchener Rally

dogman

Hello everyone who attended the Kitchener Rally.

As a new member I really felt welcomed into the group and only wished I would have been able to stay for the whole rally.

I lost my passenger push to talk button either on my way out to the Wednesday dinner from Toronto or possible in the parking lot or on the way home.

A shot in the dark here just in case someone may have seen the black knob in the parking lot before we all left the Restaurant.

The 401 was heavy with construction, so I am sure it probable fell off while I was going over all that uneven pavement.

Guest divey

When I picked up my bike last year (new) from the dealer and got home, I noticed the passenger's audio control knob was missing. I'm sure it was there when I picked it up but it likely vibrated loose on the trip home. At any rate, thank goodness for warranty because the part itself is a $670.00 touch. You can't just buy the knob, you have to buy the whole control assembly that the knob is part of. If you've still got warranty on your scoot, you should hit up Yamaha for that.

There's a cheap replacement from the bins at your local Ace hardware. Check the tech article at http://www.venturers.org/Tech_Library/index.php?action=article&cat_id=002003&id=343 for assembling a near-stock looking black button that I posted a few years ago when my passenger PTT button turned up missing.

Kelly

Edited by VentureProf
provided link

When I picked up my bike last year (new) from the dealer and got home, I noticed the passenger's audio control knob was missing. I'm sure it was there when I picked it up but it likely vibrated loose on the trip home. At any rate, thank goodness for warranty because the part itself is a $670.00 touch. You can't just buy the knob, you have to buy the whole control assembly that the knob is part of. If you've still got warranty on your scoot, you should hit up Yamaha for that.

You can get just the knob now without having to order the whole unit. There is a tech bulletin on it, but many of the dealers don't seem to know that you can get just the knob. You might have to encourage your dealer to do the research.

I found the Tech Article but it is from another site. Kudos to Ventureprof for this.

'Fix for missing rear PTT button"

I guess I didn't loctite mine enough because the passenger PTT button worked itself off somewhere between Spearfish and Sioux Falls.

Here's a $1.12 fix that required one stop at an ACE hardware:

#2 round-head screw (3/8 inch long). This is an SAE screw, not metric (Clarion sub-assembly?). ! I think the thread is a 52 or 56 (can't remember - but ACE carries only one thread in a #2 screw).

2 #2 washers and a nut (from the same bin).

(All of the above came from a drawer labeled 'subminiature machine screws'.)

In another bin you can find a black screw cap for a #4 screw, and a clear 'base' for a #4 round screw (not the one for a countersunk or 'recessed' screw). PIC#1

You slip the screw into this base (washer on each side) and secure it with the nut (lock those threads with something!!!). Screw this assembly into the bike until it snugs (lock those threads with something!!!), and snap the black plastic cap onto the clear base. The button is a really tight fit on the base, so don't stop until you hear/feel it really snap into place. PIC#2, 3 and 4

Dogman it was great meeting you and your wife. Glad you two had a good time and maybe the dealer will send you one, I would try calling him with the info here and maybe he will send it to you

Brad