IGNORED

Confused about BuddyRich Cable for Zumo

I am just a bit confused on the use of this cable. Is this strictly so one can make a phone call using a bluetooth phone? Or does it have another use? I don't have a bluetooth phone and was wondering if it would be of any use to me to get one of those cable.

Thanks

Buddyrich:

I'm also curious about your cable. Would this work on a 1st Gen? Zumo 550 and your cable? Do you know if there is a way to wire it in?

Wayne

Its designed to plug in under the fairing on the RSV. It will work by just plugging it in between your headsets and the 5 pin plug in on the bike. If you want one like that I would have to cut down the length and its not the best looking thing but it would work.

Hey Buddy , I have the Kennedy cellset . When I use the bluetooth (cell phone) , I have to turn the scoot's IC down to 5 so anyone to hear me talk . I can hear very well . Otherwise the voice heard by the other party sounds garbled to them . With your cables , "do you have to adjust the IC volume "?

Now if the wife is using the phone , I do not have to adjust the IC . We both can heat well , just I cannot talk , unless I turn down IC volume . I usually have the IC volume turned up to 15 for us both to talk to one another . I have Zumo and cell phone volumes turned all the way up . It's not really a problem for me , it's just that I have to adjust the scoot's IC volume every time I use the cell or for incoming calls . Just curious if I would have to adjust the IC volume using your cables and can both driver and rider use the cell ? Does rider have ability to talk on cell as well ?

BEER30

Beer30,

I use Buddyrich's cable and the IC does not seem to have any effect on my phone operation. When riding alone I generally keep the IC off. However, the passenger can only listen to the conversation. The passenger mic does not pass through to the phone. I've heard others state that their passenger can speak.

DT

Thanks guys for the info. It's not a problem adjusting the IC using the Ken. Cellset as I do inform the people whom I will answer the phone that it will take a few extra seconds for me to respond as I adjust the IC volume . Those whom I do not know , I do not answer and then call back after I stop somewhere . I even get caller ID on the Zumo !

I got the Ken Cellset prior to Buddy making cables , as well as having other options to hook other electronics to the scoots system such as radar detectors and other players . I can even plug in non-bluetooth phones in , if any more of them exist ! :think:

BEER30

Thanks guys for the info. It's not a problem adjusting the IC using the Ken. Cellset as I do inform the people whom I will answer the phone that it will take a few extra seconds for me to respond as I adjust the IC volume . Those whom I do not know , I do not answer and then call back after I stop somewhere . I even get caller ID on the Zumo !

I got the Ken Cellset prior to Buddy making cables , as well as having other options to hook other electronics to the scoots system such as radar detectors and other players . I can even plug in non-bluetooth phones in , if any more of them exist ! :think:

BEER30

We can get together sometime and test the cable if you want. I have one of buddyrichs cables on my bike.

Are U and Becky home from your vacation? Sounds like you had some interesting moments.

• 5 weeks later...