IGNORED

riding on gravel??

waterbug

Number 1 rule ---don't panic ---panic will do you in every time (it is often better to ride out the situation then to fight it )

Number 2 rule ---as mentioned maney times ride loose but steady, allow your body to feel the bike and ride with it

Number 3 rule ---always think ahead and stay alert (remember sight seeing is less forgiving on a bike then in a cage)

number 5 rule ---relax and enjoy the ride

On a bike with footboards it is tougher but get up on your feet a little and put at least 50% of your weight on the pegs/floor boards, that will allow you to let the bike wobble around under you easier than trying to stay upright on the saddle. If 2 up, person #2 should remain seated until the ride comes to a complete stop. Up on the pegs is how the trials guys are capable up riding up obstacles you cannot even walk up. Watch an off road race, a TT or a scramble, you'll see those guys use the seat for sitting still, not riding.

Get a dirt bike and get some experience. It's the only way. All the "do this' and "don't do that" bits of advice are too vague. You have to see, feel, respond to, deal with varying traction first hand to learn how. I rode 20 miles up and back down a gravel road on the side of a mountain with my 6'-2" GF on the back... had a throttle party the whole way. Go get a cheap dirt bike and play with it.

I have had the dirt bikes and the four wheelers and they are no were near as heavy as the rsv and when you dont expect and the weight on top of it there isnt much you can do. I will agree riding the dirt bikes and stuff helped alot with riding the street bikes but I havent rode anything as top heavy as my bike and with two up you really feel it or at least I do but I am getting used to it and its getting better every day. I guess I am not the only one to have these issues from the looks of it. Kevin