IGNORED

Any Airline Aviation Buff's ?

GeorgeS

Any Retired Airline folks in the group?

This may be of interest-- or a few memories

http://www.funstufftosee.com/airlineempires.html

I turned many a wrench on several of these birds, sad that most of them have gone to the bone yard. I guess thats part of the reason I keep the old bike running. Its made many a trip to the hanger, at 5 AM to take care of the birds.

Probably the most interesting Bird was the Lockheed Supper Connie, If any members remember that fine aircraft.

Times have changed--- no hanger at the end of the road these days.

Just ride on !

Very impressive. I used to work on the super connie, as well as the C-124 and other such aircraft. It's a downer to see the great planes disappear...even sadder to see the airlines go down in flames, too. Tough times for all.

Ok guys how about a giant leap forward in plane design and engines. Check this place out and click on current projects and go down to the LAPCATA2 pretty interesting. Goes faster then planes now and runs on hydrogen. I think it goes faster then the old SS planes.

http://www.reactionengines.co.uk/

They seem to be a small company in England backed by the EU for money.

Margaret

Any Retired Airline folks in the group?

This may be of interest-- or a few memories

http://www.funstufftosee.com/airlineempires.html

I turned many a wrench on several of these birds, sad that most of them have gone to the bone yard. I guess thats part of the reason I keep the old bike running. Its made many a trip to the hanger, at 5 AM to take care of the birds.

Probably the most interesting Bird was the Lockheed Supper Connie, If any members remember that fine aircraft.

Times have changed--- no hanger at the end of the road these days.

Just ride on !

I think I've flow in everything right from the DC-3 on up, but with hard times now, it's been several years now except for three short trips for the job where I drive trucks to areas too far for a chase car driver to follow me and bring me back; so then I had to fly back from where I dropped off the truck, two flights from L.A., and one trip flying to Phoenix with 3 other guys to pick up 4 semi tractors and bring back here. My last actual vacation flying was about 5 years ago on a 777 to Rome, great vacation and probably the longest flight I'll ever take. Use to do all the air-shows also, but they seem to have stopped all those ever since 9/11, except for the California Air-Show in Salinas.

I remember those days.... Those Stews were hot!!! Used to be a member of the United Million Mile Red Carpet Club and fell in love with as least one stew on every trip!!!! :) :rotf:

Yea back when they had hiring standards to meet. Till busy bodies got involved. Coffee, Tea, or Me the good old days I never saw unfortunately.:95: