IGNORED

Brake Light Always ON!!

Can't think of anything I've done that could have caused this; just wondered if it's due to failure of the little solenoid down by the rear brake pedal.

I can hear a little click coming out of this little box whenever I activate the pedal or the front lever........but the brake light just stays brightly lit all the time.

Anyone ever had this symptom before?

Thanks for any words of wisdom.

Mike

I'd have to go look ay mine since I haven't touched the brakes yet on it, but there is usually some adjustment on the foot brake switch. On my Valkyrie I had to adjust the switch once due to the same problem. Get down there and take a look at it to seeof there's some adjustment screw that you can move. Sounds like the switch is constantly being tripped. You can always unplug the front brake swith at the housing and check it to eliminate that spot too I think.

Thanks for the feedback, Gary. Please let me know if you see anything "revealing" when you're looking at your brakelight setup.

I will disconnect both brakes, one at a time, to see if that identifies any problems, but I'm not hopeful of the outcome, based on the fact that I can hear that same little "click" when applying each 'lever'.......suggesting that both levers ARE opening/closing whatever mechanical/electrical connection resides inside that "little black box".

Anybody out there who KNOWS what that little black box IS? Is it a micro-switch (my guess by the sound it makes)......or is it some completely electronic gizmo, in which case I'm REALLY suspicious of its well being!

Again, guys, thanks for any and all comments.

If the bulb is put in wrong it will look like the brake light is always on since the bike uses the headlight and taillight anytime it is running. Check the clocking on the bulb. It can be put in wrong with a little effort.