IGNORED

I survived!

Principal

Brenda and I are leaving MD Tuesday to ride down Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway. We plan on riding the Dragon before spending a few days with elderly parents in AL on our way back to AR. I've posted a few pictures of our Yellowstone ride in my photo album. Those on facebook can see more photos at http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=639519006

Lynn

Went to Deals Gap and rode the Dragon this past Monday.....survived it! Not that anxious in making it a pilgramage, but it was fun to do once! I can cross that one off of my bucket list!:banana:

I'm with you Principal. My wife and I went last year (4th of July week). I went off the road on the FIRST curve. Fixated on the white line and the bike went exactly where I was looking. I was on an 07 Nomad 1600 and wife was ridin an 06 Suzuki Blvd (she did well). Had to replace both crash bars in the front, both saddle bag crash bars and scuffed up the saddle bags. No damage to me cept for the 'pride'. Some bikers behind us stopped and helped me get it back on the road and off we went to complete the Dragon. I would do it again but am in no HURRY! Wife says I was 'bitten' but not 'beaten'. We've ridden the Parkway hundreds of times in Va but it doesn't compare to the Deals Gap area. Be safe.

Semper Fi,

Jerry

I was riding the Gap on the same day as Everett (Tuesday), A Harley and Sport bike clipped each other in a curve while I was there ... A fun, but dangerous place if you don't keep on your toes !! Had to keep the radio turned up to drown out the loud whine of those Bridgestones while taking the curves (trying to wear them out !!) HA HA ...:hihi:

Sterling T.

The dragon was not as bad as I had been led to believe. I had no problem and I'm not one to take the twist and turns lightly. There was a sort of pattern to it. If I could have stayed I would have explored more on the other side. The lake on the Tenn. side was just wonderful. I should have left more time to do more exploring. The dragon was fun, but like I've heard others say, I think there is a lot more to see and do in this area.

it's always nice to cross one off the bucket list. We are riding the BRP on our way back from the Asheville rally in August, but don't have the time for the Dragon. Maybe next year.

Glad you had a nice trip and hopefully you didn't need those pretty blue Frog Toggs!:hurts:

I met you outside Gander Mountain a few weeks ago on a rainy Saturday as you were giving them their first ride!

Bug

leaving on July 18th for the gap, spending one week in the mountains, to play.

I cant wait

http://mmdivers@bellsouth.net

If you need a place to stay when you pass through Atlanta, Mike, I've got a spare room. Just let me know and you're welcome to it.

If you need a place to stay when you pass through Atlanta, Mike, I've got a spare room. Just let me know and you're welcome to it.

Thats a BIG THANK YOU, But the wife & I plan to ride from Ft. Lauderdale FL to Perry Ga., for the night, then most likely stay somehwhere near, Waynesville/Maggie Vally NC, the following day

We will be going through Atlantia by 10am on the 19th

(I made the mistake of going around Atlantia at 6:30 am on a friday morning)

Scared the day lights out of me. Not to Mention the lite rain we were getting-Post to self* Do Not do that again:doh:

Yea, it would be about another 2 1/2 to 3 hours on up here. I'd try to meet you for a bite Saturday morning but I'll be working. :~( Ride safe and enjoy our hills!

Since you mentioned Maggie Valley, i assume you are going to Wheels Thru Time. You don't want to miss that!

My son and I also rode the Dragon this past Tue. then rode the Blue Ridge Parkway from Cherokee N.C. to Fancy Gap on Wed. Home Thur. via WV Turnpike and I-77, we had a great ride and good weather as well, only problems was the rain that we rode in most of the day on Mon. through Kentucky. It was our first time for the Dragon I think there are several rides in WV that are similar only with chuck holes. Any safe ride is a good ride, we are blessed.................

Keep The Sunny Side Up and The Rubber Side Down........:hurts: