IGNORED

Adjustable Lower vents

Guest cwil2988

Guest cwil2988

Anyone have the adjustable lower vents on their bike, was wondering if they are worth the money, and what they looked like after install (pictures)

Guest JGorom

Agree with Tom...in my opinion they are worth the money...and one of the best comfort accessories you could put on your Venture.

PS They will help year round...keep your feet cool when it's hot...and warm when it's not by giving your feet extra protection from the elements.

I have the adjustable lowers and love them. I just took a couple of pics and maybe you can get a better idea of how they look. Excuse me for the dirty bike...

I have ridden in both cold and warm weather, in cold they create a bit of a dead air space that heats up a bit from the engine. In the warmer weather, they move the warm air right out of there...

Would this be a Yamaha accessory or an aftermarket? Thanks warrenstar

It's a Yamaha accessory. I believe the part # is : STR1D6088000 (At least that's what's on my receipt. It may just be a Canadian # though...)

dr bar, now I like the looks of those alot better then the bakers... how much do they run if you don`t me asking.

Thanks,

Kreg

Kreg,I buy mine from S Seattle yamaha,here is the link, $145.26,no tax but pay shipping (25% off) http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/catalogs/detail/26/207/407/3664/1/0/0/1/4/90/69/336/tinted-lower-wind-vents.aspx In DR photos they look clear but they are slightly tinted. Tom

Kreg,I buy mine from S Seattle yamaha,here is the link, $145.26,no tax but pay shipping (25% off) http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/catalogs/detail/26/207/407/3664/1/0/0/1/4/90/69/336/tinted-lower-wind-vents.aspx In DR photos they look clear but they are slightly tinted. Tom

And they are no where near as dark as they look in that link... In Canada, they make us pay through the teeth. With a discount, I paid $215 + taxes, list is $273

Will these work on the 1st generations as well?:puzzled:

Not the ones these guys are talking about. You need baker air wings for a first gen. I had those on my 89....they work great! Cool air in the heat and keeps the cook air off when closed.Good for the knees!

I have a question. Right now when I ride in the rain my shin area gets soaked where everything else stays fairly good at speed. Will these help with that?

Nope, they won't help with that. A good rain suit is the only answer for this.

We need a wing that blocks the air coming in from the top of the lower fairing to solve the wet shin problem.

What size tube do these mount on?

The enginge guard on the RSV is 1" if I'm correct.

The top nut sets resistance to pivot?

I haven't touched the top nut, but just by looking at it, you're probably correct

I have a question. Right now when I ride in the rain my shin area gets soaked where everything else stays fairly good at speed. Will these help with that?

When I ride in the fog or a lite mist, my shins used to get soaked. With the Yamaha deflectors they are only damp, if that. They even help in short periods of moderate rain. If you're gonna run in the rain all day or run in some fairly heavy showers, you're gonna get wet without some other rain protection.

Thanks for the link. I went throught the online order form until I hit the shipping by UPS information. From past experience using UPS (only once) and from others the brokerage fees into Canada would probably add 50 - 100 % to the cost. I sent them an email asking if they can ship USPS.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

You're right, Doug.

As much as I hate to say it, ("wonderful" health plan notwithstanding), we Canadians take it up the u-know-what when it comes to buying anything for bikes.

With our "moderate" weather (read: colder than hades in Winter), and undersized population, we have exactly ZERO economies of scale working for us on prices of what are not exactly 'everyday items' to begin with.

I'm gonna try to find the friendliest Yamaha dealer I can, just across the border from Niagara Falls, ON, in the beautiful state of NEW YORK....and start going on 'international trips' (it's about 20 minutes from St. Catharines, so no big deal) whenever I need ANYTHING!

And they are no where near as dark as they look in that link... In Canada, they make us pay through the teeth. With a discount, I paid $215 + taxes, list is $273

• 1 month later...