IGNORED

Florida bound

PITBULL

Well me and the Mrs. are finally making our ride to Florida. We are leaving this Saturday night-June 28th or very early Sunday morning (like 2 am). Had to do some re routing because of the flooding in the midwest. Still couldnt find any maps of the flood area so we just decided to play it safe. Now instead of running I-70 thru St. Louis then running down I-24 to I-75 to the Turnpike we are turning off I-70 at Salina KS, to OKC then I-40 to Memphis, then I-55 to the Gulf coast then to Florida.

Bike is all set...rejetting for sea level today, new tires blah blah blah. Wifey as always is proving what a bad ass she is. Yesterday she got a stint put in her kidney (because it almost shut down due to the major meds they put her on for her hip) and shes gonna make the ride with it. 2300 miles each way. Then on the 21st of July she has hip replacement! I couldn't do it.....I get a splinter and want my mommy.

Anyway, I would love to stick to my original route so if anyone has any info about the roads from..lets say..I-70 east from Columbia Mo thru STL and then out to Mt. Vernon on I-64 and i-57 to I-24 thru TN Would be helpful. If not....no biggie.

Will peek in when I get to Florida...planning on about 3 days road time. Colorado folks can read about it in upcoming issues of Thunder Roads Magazine. My pen name on there is "The Viking"....I will be in and out for the next day or so..so maybe I will get a chance to talk to some of ya before we leave.

Pitbull, if you make it over to the east coast of FL give a shout. However, next Mon/Wed ill be somewhere riding down the center of the state on some of the backroads. Dont know where we will be staying. It all depends on where we feel like stopping..LOL.

I am headed to Boynton Beach. Hope to be there around Wednesday. And yes I will be packing water. Got me a 1/2 gallon insulated jug that I will have in my pack. Fed Ex'd all the goofy stuff that I wont need on the road but will need while we are there. Lighten the load a bit. Gonna watch the radar patterns for the weather...being that we had 6 tornadoes along my outward bound route yesterday....soon as I see a good window..Baddabom baddabing...we're gone.

PitBull you and the Mrs have a great ride and a safe one. Our prayers for a safe trip

down and back for you both.

Watch out for the gators on the roads down south.

You have a fine women in your life for shure.

BE SAFE MY FRIEND.....................Ron