IGNORED

Rear Shock

pick

Just got back from the Smoke Out 9 in N. Carolina. I know I read somewhere here that rear shocks will not bottom out? We hit a few dips on I-85 coming home, and with the bike packed and the OL and I, I swear it bottomed out twice, hard!

Parked the bike in the garage after the 400 mile trip home and I have a pretty good wet spot right under the rear, lower shock mount? Called Yamastealer and they want $485.00 just for the shock. Anyone know of a less expensive option?

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from the Smoke Out 9 in N. Carolina. I know I read somewhere here that rear shocks will not bottom out? We hit a few dips on I-85 coming home, and with the bike packed and the OL and I, I swear it bottomed out twice, hard!

Parked the bike in the garage after the 400 mile trip home and I have a pretty good wet spot right under the rear, lower shock mount? Called Yamastealer and they want $485.00 just for the shock. Anyone know of a less expensive option?

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can get a shock online for less then 400, but nothing less expensive. There is a shock company under the "Works" brand that is THE shock to have, but it's a grand.