IGNORED

44 Average MPG *Fixed* YaaaaHooooo

I told everyone that I would give update to an earlier thread that I posted. So here it is; Checked her again - running 44 mile per gallon average. Riding from work and back and a couple evening and Sunday after church rides. Syncing the carbs did it, I am really tickled with my RSTD.

I am very critical when I check gas mileage. Go back to same pump and park same way and fill to same level and around same time of day. This evening held 3.4 gallon of regular unleaded at 150 miles, thus another 44.1 mpg.

Only thing that worries me now is the threads that I have read concerning no grease in the the rear ends/hub of these bikes, and to grease every time the rear wheel is removed ??? I have not heard any rear end/hub noises thus far, and hope it stays that way.

But I only have 1,500 miles on it anyway. Hey in another 5,000 to 8,000 or so, I will probably get around 46/48 mile per gallon. :cool10:Love this forum, appreciate everyones feed back on my problem after new pipes and K&N air filters.

:whistling:*FIXED PROBLEM*:whistling:

Glad you got it right fuzzy..The spline grease thing you sooner or later will hear the clicking but dont freak about it..I have mine regresed each time my rear tire replaced,2 times,So ride it and have fun.If it starts doing it it is OK to ride it but try to get to the dealer and make them grease the splines under warranty. Tom

Glad to hear you got the mpg thing worked out. My last check, I got 46.26 mpg on my RSV, and I have yet to sync the carbs, but I will be doing that very soon.

The first I heard the "clicking/creaking" from the rear tire of my RSV at about 2500 miles.

Darn. I can only muster around 37-38 mpg out of my RSV. It's an '07 w/5000 mi. I haven't had the carbs sync'd yet and maybe that is something I need to have the service shop do the next time I take her in for alittle tlc. You didn't mention the mph you normally ride at which might be the difference in our mpg. Most (90% or more) of my riding is done on the highway or interstate at speeds of 60 to 75 mph.

Darn. I can only muster around 37-38 mpg out of my RSV. It's an '07 w/5000 mi. I haven't had the carbs sync'd yet and maybe that is something I need to have the service shop do the next time I take her in for alittle tlc. You didn't mention the mph you normally ride at which might be the difference in our mpg. Most (90% or more) of my riding is done on the highway or interstate at speeds of 60 to 75 mph.

Got a better Idea for ya..Gigawhiskey is having a maintenance day at his house in Mckinney Texas,( North of dallas 25 miles orso) Ride over there Saturday and they will be syncing carbs and other minor work at no charge and I guarantee they will do a better job that 90% of dealers do. Several people from OK I think are going to be there and Id bet you will have a blast meeting some of the guys and their wives! Tom

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2008-6-21&e=92&c=1

Edited by Tom
add on link to Maint day!

Guess I'll have to look into getting the carbs synced.. I get 35mpg day/night/hiway/city on my 08 RSV.

Could this be considered a 'warranty' work??

Of course even then I would have to find a Dealer that would work on it.. The mentality I have found down here along the Gulfcoast is that if you didn't buy it here, the work backlog is several months, or not at all.

Guess I'll have to look into getting the carbs synced.. I get 35mpg day/night/hiway/city on my 08 RSV.

Could this be considered a 'warranty' work??

Of course even then I would have to find a Dealer that would work on it.. The mentality I have found down here along the Gulfcoast is that if you didn't buy it here, the work backlog is several months, or not at all.

Seabeetom,

I had the carb sync done after I had installed Roadhouse pipes and K&N air filters, I also plugged the AIS system myself. This changed my air flow and thus carbs needed synced. I payed $20.00 to have this 20 minute job done. I was glad to get it done for that price, do not let dealers over charge you. That is the normal price for this job I found out. The sync does make a differance if you have changed the air flow on your bike. I could feel a little surge at 60 mph and was only getting 36-38 mile per gallon fuel.

I was doing an average check, so I road 45-50-60-70 mph off and on. No burning up the red light take off. All though I really love to hear them pipes beller ...............:whistling:

Glad you got it right fuzzy..The spline grease thing you sooner or later will hear the clicking but dont freak about it..I have mine regresed each time my rear tire replaced,2 times,So ride it and have fun.If it starts doing it it is OK to ride it but try to get to the dealer and make them grease the splines under warranty. Tom

Thanks Tom,

I will do that. Probably do myself if I can afford to get my garage finished so that I have a place to work. Biulding on room onto house and got foudation ready for room and garage. My wife says master bedroom first and then, if enough money left, garage. Man I might have to do some sweet talking here......:detective::whistling: