IGNORED

I'm stuck

Hi been working on this bike on and off for over a year now, one step forward two steps back. Got a petcock rebuild kit while starting to put it back together. The screws are so tight I can't get them decided to take off the tank cause the bikes tore down still but I can't seem to get it off either. Am I missing something or  I just getting to old to do this anymore frustrated beyond belief would appreciate any help. Thanks on advance

• 2 weeks later...

One of those "impact" screwdrivers are nice for taking out various tight screws, bolts. Needed to take of some various side covers. thats when I learned about Japanese fasteners being JUST a bit different from other metric fasteners. Back then we had to order replacement stuff from JC Jip Me. I put in allen head screws.

• Like 1

Hey Dan,

It's NOT you, it's those pesky Metric fasteners! Harbor Freight actually has a decent Impact Driver for under $20. I like others try to replace every screw with Metric Cap Screws in Stainless Steel. This solves the rust issue and you can use Allen Head Wrenches on the Cap Screws to deliver higher torque to the fastener.

Hope this helps,

Earl.

IMPACT DRIVER.jpg