IGNORED

Ventures in the Wild! And Napoleon Dynamite’s house

Pasta Burner

It got a bit chilly overnight but the right mummy bag did it’s job.  Met at a Harley shop in Logan Ut. who supplied an awesome breakfast.  Did an organized ride with the Vagos up to Preston Id for a day of motorcycle rodeo, food trucks, raffle, live band, camping and of course drinking among other things.  Great time!  My first moto camping.

Edited by Pasta Burner
  • Like 1

Interesting thing I wanted to ask about…my bike sometimes has struggles to start mainly because I need to do some maintenance on the choke.  In the cold morning my buddy was like good luck getting her running, to everyone’s surprise half a crank and she purred like a lioness.  Left it idling for like 1.5 hrs charging my phone and packing up.  Shut her down to access the key and the battery didn’t have enough juice to kick back over.  What would cause this?  Weak stator?  I did in hindsight also have the heated grips running, and playing music.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Sounds like at an idle it wasn't producing as much as was being used, heated grips use a lot of current

Had the same issue last year on my '99 RSV, barely able to push 11v at idle & 12.5v at 2,000 RPM with all accessories turned off.  Ended up putting in a high output stator from Rick's, a bypass relay kit on the key switch that lead me to a slightly deformed (overheated) main power plug going to the ignition switch.  No more issues now with charging at idle or on the road.   

• Like 1