IGNORED

RSTD Headlight Mount with Passing Lamps

Help! I am installing the RSTD passing lamps and bracket from Yamaha onto my 2006 RSTD.

On the old turn-signal bracket, there is a threaded boss that is used to attach the bottom headlight mount screw. But, on the replacement piece that holds both turn signals and passing lamps, there is nothing for the bottom of the headlight to screw to! So it's just hanging and kinda flopping around on the two top screws and their fairly spongy rubber mounts.

Has anyone already made up a bracket to fill this gap? Have a picture? I am not a fabricating sort of a guy......:confused24:

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Bob LeDuc

I just went out and looked at my setup. 2005 RSTD, Yamaha passing lamps, Yamaha mounting bar. The headlight is firmly attached to the passing lamp mounting bar where it should be. I don't know for sure, but you may be missing a part there. I didn't fabricate anything. Just bolted everything up as it came from Mamayama.

The passing lamp bar that you show is for the Royal Star Venture. I've never looked at the RSTD setup but it appears to be different. I just looked at the part numbers and they are indeed different for the RSTD and the RSV. It looks to me like they sold you the ones for the RSV. The RSV model does not connect to the bottom of the headlight.

they gave you the wrong bar, that probly fit the earlier models of td(96-01) or as don said a venture, the newer tds(05-now) has the welded-on nut to bolt the headlite to. parts guys are always getting it wrong. i bought a set of carb cover for my 01 rstd and they are for the newer one, ther's a differance. best thing i found, is to get the yamaha accessories catalog and look up what you want and point it out to them and double check it when they order and give it to you.

• 2 months later...

Speaking of passing lamps. I just tried to line up my passing lamps on my 05 RSTD. What a PITA. I removed the lamp from the housing then lossened the nut. No way to tell if I have them right other than to try the desolate road thing. Any ideas appreciated.:confused24:

• 8 months later...

Hey Orrin,

Funny how this post came up, I am putting my passing lamps on this aft. (stop over) Anyway, I had a question, so I went over and looked at yours. He said he only has a couple hours left on your bike. Looked like your fender and something else, painted on the bench.

Anyways, probably will be a PITA, but with feet of snow and tons of salt, nothing better to do.

One other thing, ANYONE jump in here------

If I run my power (red) wire to a relay and fuse it, is there a path that any of you would recomend? (through the headlight?)-----------05 RSTD

Thanks,

Actually should thank DON here for providing such a GREAT search function!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve