IGNORED

Pipes between stock & Barons?

My "new" 06RSV came with the stock pipes (that appear to have had the stage 1 mod done to drill some holes) and also with a set of Baron's Bag Slash pipes. The stock pipes are still a bit too mild, but the Barons are too loud for me.

I've been reading on the site about people liking Bubs & RoadKing pipes...just wondering where they would fit sound wise compared to the 2 sets I already have.

Ideally I'd like something in between the two sets I already have. Any suggestions? :confused24:

Thanks in advance for the help...this site is great!

BUDDY - I'm surprised to hear you say the Barons are loud :rotf::rotf::rotf:..

Actually, I have the Baron's - and I like the loud pipes BUT I will admit that for me - especially on a long trip - they do get loud. The Bud's to me are much more mellower, and the RK's sound nice as well. :080402gudl_prv:

I have a set of RK slash cut (the ones that flow with the lines of the bags). They sounds good and I get a lot of complements on them. One day I would like to get a louder set I think (as long as i can still hear my radio, LOL)

TheKid

I had the RK's and fully modded them out and they were still to mild so I bought the Barons.

They were to loud as they were but pull out the baffle and wrap it and it quiets them down but still keeps the deep rumble. The stock Baron pipes have unwrapped baffles.

I only wrapped one layer around mine and they were perfect, took about 10 mins to do both baffles. Just take the two set screws out and slide the baffle out, wrap it and slide it back in.

My Bub's might be just a little louder than Yamahamers. They have gotten louder as they get more miles on them (20k now). and I think they might be just a little higher pitched. I have never ridden behind it - always from the seat so it's hard to tell. But, like he said - get down on it and they really come to life. Neighbor asked yesterday what model of Harley it was - It sounded SO MUCH smoother than his road king. He said the kids always think it's him when I pull up.

They sound great - but I wouldn't mind them being a little louder - another 20k miles ought to do it.

I changed out my mufflers with a set of RK Slashcuts that I got off of ebay, drove a sharpened 3/8" x 32" steel rod through the center of them several times ( best to do befor mounting on bike ) I removed the heat shields from my origional mufflers with a small side grinder and put them on the RK's with a couple of small sheet metal screws.

I mounted them to my saddlebag mounting rails with a couple of steel coundit c type clamps and 1/4" x 1" x 4" steel flatbar ( per muffler ). The sound on my 05 RSTD is a deep throaty sound especially on a pull, louder than origional muffs but not overly loud.

I had about $50.00 and about 4 hours labor in the change out.

I hope this helps...........Jack :cool10:

Keep the Sunny Side Up and the Rubber Side Down.................:rotf: