IGNORED

‘86 parts source

Hey Steve,

WELCOME to the Forum! My first ever First Gen. was an 86'VR, Boy did I love that bike! (By the way Tom, Thanks for the kind words!) 

Because of my "Little Shop By The Creek" here in Pennsylvania, I buy direct from Yamaha at a "Jobber" Discount. I share that discount with the Forum Members. I am more than happy to quote you pricing on ANY item that Yamaha offers. If my price is better, I am happy to order parts for you. If you find a better price, then "Nothing Lost"! 

Because you are planning to spend some serious money on rebuild kits for your calipers, this is an excellent time to consider the R1/R6 front brake upgrade, and possibly De-Linking the front and rear brakes. I can steer you in the right direction on either of these projects, or just help you get lower cost rebuild kits.

It would be my pleasure to help you with this project, Steve! (And Thanks again Tom!)

Earl

I’m grateful for you offer to help. This bike should be delivered to me tomorrow. It’s definitely going to be a project and after it arrives I will make assessments and decide exactly what I need to do. I’m certain that the brake system and carburetors will need to be rebuilt. Probably the first thing I will do is to check compression before deciding whether it will be worth restoring or become a parts bike. I would really like to see it running and in good condition again. 
Thanks again 

Steve