IGNORED

Deal of the Year?

luvmy40

https://www.ebay.com/itm/314109022666?epid=21041799473&hash=item49225b51ca%3Ag%3ArcsAAOSwm9lhmA0r&_trkparms=%26rpp_cid%3D61ba2d4e871dbcb6aee0b994

I discovered the eBay certified refurbished section and found this Firman 9400/7500 W tri fuel generator with a 2 year warranty for less than a halfway decent 2500 W gas only generator. 

I've been wanting to install some kind of emergency power. Ideally a whole house natural gas generator with automatic switch over. I could build a new garage for less $. I was not willing to spend the money on a gas only generator. This fits the bill perfectly. The unit looks brand new, not rebuilt. It has enough capacity to run all my freezers, furnace and water heater with more than enough left over to even run the central air.

Now I just need to find it a permanent home and run the gas line and 6ga. cable.

1 hour ago, luvmy40 said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/314109022666?epid=21041799473&hash=item49225b51ca%3Ag%3ArcsAAOSwm9lhmA0r&_trkparms=%26rpp_cid%3D61ba2d4e871dbcb6aee0b994

I discovered the eBay certified refurbished section and found this Firman 9400/7500 W tri fuel generator with a 2 year warranty for less than a halfway decent 2500 W gas only generator. 

I've been wanting to install some kind of emergency power. Ideally a whole house natural gas generator with automatic switch over. I could build a new garage for less $. I was not willing to spend the money on a gas only generator. This fits the bill perfectly. The unit looks brand new, not rebuilt. It has enough capacity to run all my freezers, furnace and water heater with more than enough left over to even run the central air.

Now I just need to find it a permanent home and run the gas line and 6ga. cable.

That's a great deal. I've got the interlock setup but the cost of electrical and 3/4" NG line for where I want the generator is a little high right now. When I save up some more cash I'll finish it out. 

Backup power system is great to have ..The unfortunate part of it is that my system burns 5 gallons of gasoline per hour ..   I have a 13 hp Honda driving a 5 KVA Commercial generator  ...(.A 5KVA rating is 230 Volts running 40  Amps for a constant 1000 hours )...We were hit by a 3.5  level Tornado in 2018 which took out the power grid for a 5 day period ..4 years ago ..The fuel to run the generator had to hauled in by  truck from 20  miles away because of the power grid being down ..

I haven't seen anything about the gasoline operation on this one. I have seen several reports that a 20 lb. propane tank will run for 6 hours at half load and 4 hrs. under full load. The manual says the natural gas consumption at full load is twice that of LPG.

37 minutes ago, luvmy40 said:

I haven't seen anything about the gasoline operation on this one. I have seen several reports that a 20 lb. propane tank will run for 6 hours at half load and 4 hrs. under full load. The manual says the natural gas consumption at full load is twice that of LPG.

I do know that fuel consumption weather it is LPG or gasoline depends on power demand ..I do know that if your home is using a 100 AMP MAIN Breaker normally often will have a constant 35 amp power demand on average  day ...If you overload your generator chances are it will shorten its winding  life  .I spent 20 years in a industrial environment servicing a power grid ....I have learned never rely on the rating the unit you are planning to use ..They normally are peak rating , at a short maximum load .