IGNORED

does your RSV's radiator fan ever come on?

I do not believe that I have ever heard the cooling fan come on my RSV - even though it is a fairly new ride to me.

My Honda Sabre's fan would kick on for short periods and then shut off on quite regularly.

It is starting to get hot here in FL and quite a bit of heat is obvious when I am in stop & go commuting traffic. I would think that the cooling fan would kick in at these times.

How would I test it to feel at ease that it works or that I need to replace a thermostat or switch or something?

Anyone?

after 3+ years and 55000 miles on my rsv, i only heard it come on once. and that was sitting in traffic on speedway blvd. in daytona last october bike fest. but i'm glad it did, the harleys were pulling over to cool off and big red just kept going.:225:

Like you I wondered if mine ever came on, so I let it idle in the driveway and observed. Yes, it came on, but I never heard it. With your engine running, you won't notice the fan noise, but you may notice an increase in heat coming off the engine with the fan going.

Vance - Now that you metioned that, it must be exactly what happened when I first encountered what seemed to me an increase in the heat coming from the engine while in slow traffic in hot weather. I did not hear the fan but did feel the blast of heat!

I understand that the GW has ducts to vent that engine heat downward or maybe behind the rider? Anyone come up with that idea for the RSV?

Guest FtWorthCowboy

Good question...I have never noticed it come on, but then I guess I wouldnt anyway if I couldnt hear it!:confused24: