IGNORED

Garden Shed Bargain Find!

luvmy40

I picked up a damaged box at a local salvage shop. Kind'a like an unclaimed freight store. The box was banged up a bit and had been re taped at one end. It was a Keter brand plastic 4' x 6' garden shed. I did a quick google search and saw they retail anywhere from $300-$700 I gave them $180.00 for it. When I got it home and inventoried it, there was quite a bit missing, including all the hardware and the instructions, but what was there was undamaged.

I called Keter customer service and explained the whole story, making sure they knew I did not buy this "New" from a retailer. They emailed me a manual and parts list. Once I had a good list with part #s of what was missing, I called Keter to order the missing items. They took my order, shipped it the next day, second day delivery and would not take any payment. The box arrived Wednesday, but I just got to look at it today. They missed a couple items, but enough was there to assemble the shed. I emailed and listed the parts missing from the shipment. If they send them, Great! If not, I still have a usable shed at 1/2 price or better.

282159860_KeterGardenShed.thumb.jpg.d7fe8efc3e4a199be9aa33d00e467d5d.jpg

Edited by luvmy40
  • Like 5

That’s Awesome!  I bought an Arrow metal 8x10 or 10x10 or something like that from lowes and assembled it no problem.  Went back 8 months later to maybe buy the floor kit and maybe another shed…they didn’t have either in stock but while showing my receipt to make sure I was intending to order against the correct model the customer service girl noticed a price change and refunded me something to the tune of $50-$75.  It was a few years ago but I was blown away.