IGNORED

throttle play..end to end..

Any way to adjust this or shim it? :confused24:

The throttle is adjusted properly but end to end (along the path of the handlebars) has play in it. Would like to get this down some.

Thanks in advance.

hh

How much play does it have? It's supposed to have some to keep it from possibly sticking. About 1/32" or so.-Jack

All work and no play makes Throttle a dull boy.

Actually, I don't understand the issue. "Play" in the throttle is free movement in turning the grip where the cable is slack and no motion happens to the item connected to the other end of the cable. This amount of play is specified in the manual. If the throttle is adjusted properly, I have no idea what play "along the path of the handlebars" would be. You are not on any sort of hallucinogenic medication, are you?:confused07:

Goose

OK, now that makes sense. I don't think there is a real specification for how much the grip should slide horizontally on the bar. I'd bet your only option is to find a way to shim inside the grip housing where the cable attaches to the grip, since it would be slop in that wide channel that cotrols how much sideways movement you get. Good luck,

Goose

Do you have the stock grips? I installed some after market grips for a friend and they came with some large thin plastic washers to take up the slack. You could cut some out of a milk jug or square water bottle etc. Rod

• 11 months later...

My accelerator throttle play has increased a little. I know because when I got my bike last October compared to today, it feels like it has more throttle play to it. Is this adjustment or throttle play check / adjustment (if needed) covered under my factory warranty?