IGNORED

Ok all you Formula 1 buffs what's your 2cents

Squeeze

What do you think Gearhead should we tell them?:rotf:

You know Ferrari does a better job of looking after their tires and use the softer ones for larger stints than Mercedes. Worn out tires has cost Mercedes dearly just ask Hamilton.:no-no-no:

Hey, i like it, another Guy who has some Sense for open Wheel Racing !!!!

You made your Plans for Sunday ?

Hey, i like it, another Guy who has some Sense for open Wheel Racing !!!!

You made your Plans for Sunday ?

Passion #1 Motorcycles

Passion #2 F1 Ferrari

I record everything F1 on on speed and watch it at my convenience.

This Sunday I will be watching the Monaco, although a bit boring it is still F1. I have been to Montreal a few times and also in Detroit way back when.

The Monaco Race will be good. The Teams are so close right now and the Factor Chess plays not so much a Role in Monaco. I expect a fine race with a BMW(Heidfeld) as a Winner for Sunday. Normally, I'm in for Ferrari also, but this Sunday, it's BMW time ... sorry for Hamilton, because he might be taken out or overdoing it. He's gonna get a dnf.

so my Prediction is ...

1. Heidfeld

2. Raikkonen

3. Kubica

4. Massa

5. Kovalainen

6. Alonso

7. Trulli

8. Webber

What could be better than this Weekend? F1 is pretty much Breakfast Time at your East Coast Time and after that, at fine afternoon with Indy 500 ...

Qualifying and pits strategy is everything at Monaco. Overtaking on course is almost impossible by the top drivers, there are so equally matched. Great weekend coming up for racing. But if the chance to ride comes up I am out there let the divo take care of it.

Maybe we need to start a tread on F1.

The Monaco Race will be good. The Teams are so close right now and the Factor Chess plays not so much a Role in Monaco. I expect a fine race with a BMW(Heidfeld) as a Winner for Sunday. Normally, I'm in for Ferrari also, but this Sunday, it's BMW time ... sorry for Hamilton, because he might be taken out or overdoing it. He's gonna get a dnf.

so my Prediction is ...

1. Heidfeld

2. Raikkonen

3. Kubica

4. Massa

5. Kovalainen

6. Alonso

7. Trulli

8. Webber

What could be better than this Weekend? F1 is pretty much Breakfast Time at your East Coast Time and after that, at fine afternoon with Indy 500 ...

Qualifying and pits strategy is everything at Monaco. Overtaking on course is almost impossible by the top drivers, there are so equally matched. Great weekend coming up for racing. But if the chance to ride comes up I am out there let the divo take care of it.

Maybe we need to start a tread on F1.

I agree, but the Qualifying in Monaco normally never works out as planned. Maybe for one or two Drivers. With the top 6 Driver as close as they are, the first Turn (St. Devote) after Race Start will be a deciding Factor. Strategy is important, but even the best Strategy is hurt by the Safety Car. Monaco is allways a Gamble and a Question of Concentration. Even Senna slammed his Car in the Wall, being in leading Position and Lightyears in Front.

btw, did you see the Pic of a recent Ferrari Steering Wheel with Description of all the Buttons and Adjusters ?

Well I would definitely try to get on the first row. But also figure on at least 2 safety car sessions.

I told you passion #2 F1 Ferrari look at the photo.

btw have you notice how close Ferrari and my last name are?:rotf:

Edited by Ferrantelli

Sure, i noticed your Lastname. Made me think from the first Moment. I once worked with a Guy from Italy, his Name was Antonio Ferrari. :rotf::rotf:

That's the Steering Wheel i've meant. Did you see a Description ? There are 3 Adjuster just for the Differential. First is for getting into the Turn, second is for Apex, the third is for Accelaration after Apex Section. This is completely crazy.

I was once in Monaco at the GP, that was '85 or '86, my Friend bought the Tickets and they were cheap. So cheap that i sure wouldn't believe it in first Place. But the Stand we had turned out as the Hillside of the Principal's Palace. We entered them on Saturday for the Qualifying. Yeah ... good Idea, some 15 000 other Folks have had the same Idea and the same cheap Tickets. There were a Lot Italians and French, also some Folks from UK. The whole Crowd was desperately wave Flags, Ferrari, Williams and Brazil Flags at most. Because of that, we saw nothing, nada. I wasn't angry, because, even if we would have been alone there, we would have seen nothing either. The 'Stand' is more than 150 m away from the only Turn you could see(Tabac) and some 50 Meter above the shore Line. And there were a Lot of Trees and Bushes too, we couldn't even recognize the Color of a Car through the Leaves. ...

Real Bummer

I was so frustrated, i passed this "Grand Stand" on Sunday and was seeking a Hole in the Fence to, at least, see a Car from a closer Perspective. A Friend of mine was coming with me. But no Chance ...

We walked through the damned half on Monaco and did not find any Hole in the Walls. We sat down in a Cafe at the Corner of a Street, wanted to watch the Race on TV. NO ... TV is forbidden by Mr. Ecclestone during the Race.

BUMMER !!!!

Well, it turned out to be the Best what could have happened in this Situation. We sat at the Corner and at the End of a Pedestrian Tunnel, admireing a 'real cheap' Cup of Coffee.

But what the Heck is going on there ? We sat some 50 Meters away from the Grid, must have been around Row three. I can tell you, you really cannot explain the Sound of the whole Grid while starting Procedure. This was at Times where the V12 Ferrari raced against V10 Engines. The start was one biiiiiiiiiiig Sound Experience.

But, what happened ??? Was this Sound the of crashing Carbon Fibre ??

Oh, there needs to be a Restart, because the Gentlemens couldn't get them managed through St. Devote ... this said the nice Guy over the Speakers ...

Restart .. we grinned again ... now they fought their Way to the Loews Hairpin ... Crash ... Restart ...

On the fourth Start, they did get the Race running and not redflagging in the frist two Rounds. Our Buddies on the special, cheap Grand Stand didn't catch anything of this. We slipped through a Checkpoint 10 Laps before the End, in Fact it was 15 Minutes prior to the stopping, due to the 2 Hour Rule, and we saw them racing some 20 Meters away!! !!

Yeah, it was impressive Weekend. I was there another Time, as a F3-Hangaround in the early '90, but i remember nothing of this Weekend, because the Car on which my Friend turned the Wrenches, had a Crash on Saturday, ruining the Ladies left Hand between Road and Car. This was a real sad Day and we drowned in adult Beverages until we could get out of the Parking Lot Sunday Evening. As a F3 Guy, you're worth a Lot less than anybody else there. The F3 Pit Pass is worth less than a Ticket to the above mentioned Grand Stand.

But hey, it's Monaco ... Racing there is like flying a Helicopter in the Living Room

Oh Yeah,

F1 fan here, never been to a race in person but will get around to it sometime.

Have always be a big open wheel race fan. Was raised in Indiana and attended many 500 miles races through the years. Several at over tracks as well.

Kind of gave up on the Indy Cars until they seem to get back together and quit fighting.

Don't have a pick for F1 this weekend, think it really depends on the qualifying at that track.

But for Indy Car, can you say Danica/Andretta/Green?

Don't forget the old stock cars, I'll take Kyle/18 anytime. Love the way that guy drives.

One of the things I want to do in the future is see a Super Bike race and they do come to Road America which is pretty close by.

Jerry

So there's 3 of us on here, huh?!? I look forward to Sunday as a day spent in the garage from 7 am till late putting the bike back together (last order from Flatout due in Friday or Saturday) and having racing on the TV. I've had one of my customers offer BIG money to come do a job for him this weekend, but I WILL NOT be dissuaded from completing this bike. And hopefully a week ahead of my self-imposed deadline.

As far as the Monaco race, I'm not sure that BMW can do it. Sure, they've been there, but too much experience by the boys in red will give them trouble. Agree with Squeeze's assesment of Hamilton, he will be so frustrated that he will cause a safety car at some point.

BTW, that steering wheel looks like the controls on a new Winger! Too much to worry with!

Dan

Here's the Ferrari Steering Wheel. I finaly found it on the Website of my Motorsports Newspaper.

http://www.motorsport-aktuell.com/images_msa/7117_6.jpg

Knöpfe von oben rechts, im Uhrzeigersinn:/ Adjusters from upper right, clockwise

1: Einstellknopf fürs Display (einstellige Zahlen) / Display/single Digit Numbers

P: Tempo-Begrenzer für die Fahrt durch die Boxengasse / Speed Limiter Pit Lane

RADIO: Sprechfunk / Radio

BB: Darstellung der Bremsbalance / Brake Balance

DRINK: Förderpumpe für die Trinkflasche / DRINK

E: Elektrischer Hauptschalter für Motor-Stopp / Electric Engine Stop

OK: Quittierknopf nach dem Eingehen von Funkmeldungen / OK Button for incoming Radio Messages

R: Gangeinlegung rückgängig machen / reverse Gear Selection

PUMP: Motorsteuerung / Engine Control

S9: Multifunktionaler Knopf / Multifunctional Button

Bf: Kupplungssteuerung / Clutch Adjustment

OV: Erhöhung der Höchstdrehzahl / Overrrevving

N: Getriebe in Leerlauf / Neutral

10: Einstellknopf fürs Display (zweistellige Zahlen) / Display double Digits

Drehschalter von oben mitte, im Uhrzeigersinn: Switches from upper middle, clockwise

MID: Differential-Steuerung, Kurvenmitte / Diff. Adjustment Apex

EXIT: Differential-Steuerung, Kurvenausgang / Diff. Adjustment outgoing

DBW: Abstimmung von Gaspedal zu Drosselklappe / Relation Gas Pedal / Throttle Valves

GRP: Kupplungs-Steuerung / Clutch Control

TYRE: Einstellung je nach verwendetem Reifentyp / preset per Tire in use

MIX: Benzingemisch / Mixture

REV: Drehzahl-Steuerung / Rev Control

IN: Differential-Steuerung, Kurveneingang / Diff. on Curve Entrance

TRQ: Drehmoment-Einstellung / Torque

courtesy of Ferrari and Motorsports aktuell

http://www.motorsport-aktuell.com/artikel_3113.html

Wait a minute let me see ....1....2....3...uh...4. That's four fingers on my left hand, THERE IS 4 OF US YEAH! :thumbsup2:

No one handles that steering wheel better than Michael!

Now this is a flag!

He sneaked his post in before me!!!! Of course, I typed more, so,,,,,,,,,

Saw the race here in 05', yeah, if you can call it that. Chickens--ts wussied out and went home. Had perfect seats -- top row north end of the pits where you could see the pits, coming out of turn 13 and diving into turn 1,, then turn around and watch them thru the north infield. Would have been better with 18 cars, not 6! Going to MotoGp this year, gonna be great!

Oh Yeah,

F1 fan here, never been to a race in person but will get around to it sometime.

Have always be a big open wheel race fan. Was raised in Indiana and attended many 500 miles races through the years. Several at over tracks as well.

Kind of gave up on the Indy Cars until they seem to get back together and quit fighting.

Don't have a pick for F1 this weekend, think it really depends on the qualifying at that track.

But for Indy Car, can you say Danica/Andretta/Green?

Don't forget the old stock cars, I'll take Kyle/18 anytime. Love the way that guy drives.

One of the things I want to do in the future is see a Super Bike race and they do come to Road America which is pretty close by.

Jerry

Boo, Superbike isn't bad at all, but watch out for the MotoGP, Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden will be in Laguna Seca this Year and in Indianapolis later this Year. At Indy, the 250cc Racers will be there also.

These 800cc MotoGP are very fast, way faster than any Superbike. 250 hp and 145 kg Weight... stopping from 250 km/h to Zero in 36 m Distance. You know what i mean ...

I don't know much about the Indy,i had my personal News Provider, but the News stopped coming before Bump Day :D :D :D

I see about 10 Driver to win at the Brickyard. Indy 500 always has been a Matter of Driving Skills, Car's Speed, Luck for not being in the wrong Place and the Cautions right on Time. Danica is sure one of those ten, but as i said before, i fear, this would end up in a disastrous F1 Season next Year for her.

Great comments! Love the F1, too. I've got a friend who's been anti-Ferrari for some time. Had lunch with him after the last 1-2 sweep and he finally admitted that Ferrari just has its stuff together better than the other teams. I told him I heard a new rule for next year would require the Ferraris to TOW a competitor half the race each and that Hamilton was adding front tow hooks to his car right now. (Yeah, we're still friends.)

F-3 . . . reminds me of the Japanese Grand Prix in '71(?). It was an F-2 event and Jackie Stewart came over to give lessons. Amazing. After the first half dozen laps he looked like he was racing by himself--way out in front! Tartan Terror would be proud because all you could see above the cockpit were his tartan colors on the white helmet.

Used to watch Indy and NASCAR, but my attitude toward both of them has changed. Indy because of the split mentioned above and NASCAR . . . well, I'd just rather watch paint dry. I guess the sport has left me in the dust. (I've never seen Kyle Petty race, but saw his dad and his granddad, Lee, race many times--on TV.)

Monaco? I'm biased . . . gotta' be a Ferrari 1-2 sweep (although Michael had his problems there a couple times).

I don't know if you heard the News about Michael Schumacher.

He's back in Racing again ....

He started with a 2008 CBR 1000 RR Fireblade in the International German Superbike Championship. The Bike was a prime Bike, brought as a 3rd Bike from last Year's Championship winning Team Holzhauer.

1st Race, he started with a Wild Card from last, 39th Position on his own Will and came in after 12 Laps in 28th Place. He had a electronics Problem on the Qualifying for 2nd Race and got a permit for a Start even without a Time, just as some other Riders got extra Permission. He crashed the Blade and sunk it onto the Gravel ... Nothing hurt except the Bike. He keeps on maintaining his Words "it's all in Fun and nothing more"

In '76 I went to the Long Beach F1 Grand Prix...We sat about 100 meters into the curved long "straight" away.

Went with a friend of a friend who owned a Porche dealership in SoCal. He offered me a job as a mechanic...with a paid trip to Germany for training......turned him down, what was I thinking!!!!!

The race was pretty boring....where we sat there was no passing, great acceleration as they whizzed by. I remember one car had two front tires on each side. Tyrelll I think...but I maybe wrong.

I watch the races now for just the starts and first couple of corners of action...then I pass out from boredom!!!!!!:rotf:

If its got wheels the wife and I watch it. We can have two duel DVRs recording at once (4 races) and be VHS taping a 5th race while watching a 6th race live, we have done that a couple of times. In order of preference? Nascar, Indycars, F1, Winged Sprints, Motocross, ATVs, Off Road, If its got wheels we'll watch it instead of regular TV. Danaca or Weldon for Indy, Casey Kane or Juan Pablo Montoya for the 600, Lewis Hamilton or Felipe Massa for Monaco. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:.

That aint racing,,,,,,,,,,NASCAR is racing, real men in real cars, even though they aint stock like they use to be, they aint so high tech with all their traction control and fancy paddle shifting and all them new fangled do-dads they keep putting on them............

:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:NASCAR RULES!!!!!!!:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

In '76 I went to the Long Beach F1 Grand Prix...We sat about 100 meters into the curved long "straight" away.

Went with a friend of a friend who owned a Porche dealership in SoCal. He offered me a job as a mechanic...with a paid trip to Germany for training......turned him down, what was I thinking!!!!!

The race was pretty boring....where we sat there was no passing, great acceleration as they whizzed by. I remember one car had two front tires on each side. Tyrelll I think...but I maybe wrong.

I watch the races now for just the starts and first couple of corners of action...then I pass out from boredom!!!!!!:rotf:

Yes, the six Wheeler was a Tyrell. Interesting Concept, but was forbidden later the Season.

Falling asleep ... I'm sorry for you, but this happens to me also, but since they forbid the Traction Control, it's getting better. The 'Action' has changed for sure over the Years, but if an Accident happens, you can see what Physics are Place. The Cars sticks to the Ground and when they loose it, there it goes.

Somebody limited me to 5 minutes a day. :(

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidon'tknowwhattosay ....

Should 'someone' feel pleased by that, as you carry this out as ordered ? Or should 'someone' say, you should read better and more exact the next Time you feel approached by an Comment ?

If its got wheels the wife and I watch it. We can have two duel DVRs recording at once (4 races) and be VHS taping a 5th race while watching a 6th race live, we have done that a couple of times. In order of preference? Nascar, Indycars, F1, Winged Sprints, Motocross, ATVs, Off Road, If its got wheels we'll watch it instead of regular TV. Danaca or Weldon for Indy, Casey Kane or Juan Pablo Montoya for the 600, Lewis Hamilton or Felipe Massa for Monaco. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:.

Well, that' too much for me. I don't like any Dirt Tracks, even if i really admire the Drivers and Riders for what they're doing, i don't like it. NASCAR isn't my Turf anymore, too much Hype, too Commercial and since the Black Man is gone, i'm out of that.

I sincerely respect Montoya for his Driving Skills, but i hope he will maintain what he's driving right now. And as long as he's driving a non-open wheeled Car, the Danger for all the others Drivers is manageable. Since they operate with Spotters in Stock Cars, he did become a better Driver using these external Brains. If he'd change his Attitude and start using his Brain, i'd welcome him in any open Wheeler again. IF ...

Don't take this wrong Lewis,

I use to be a big Nascar fan, heck they would have had to put off my funeral for a couple of hours if a Cup race was going on.

But I got to tell you now about all they do is cruise around in circles for 550 miles then flip a coin to see who will be leading at the end.

Ain't quite that bad but all most,

Jerry

That aint racing,,,,,,,,,,NASCAR is racing, real men in real cars, even though they aint stock like they use to be, they aint so high tech with all their traction control and fancy paddle shifting and all them new fangled do-dads they keep putting on them............

:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:NASCAR RULES!!!!!!!:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot: