IGNORED

wing fever

Snarley Bill

haven't really noticed a lovefest for a goldwing on this forum. never met a bike i did'nt like, thats why i have a few of them laying around. probably no one on here is a bigger bike fanatic than me. i do bikes twenty four hours a day. a wing is better in alot of ways and not as good in some ways. i just can't handle the top heavy weight of the royalstar anymore so i need a luxury ride that has a lower center of gravity. the wing has it. if i get a wing i will still be true to yamaha i still have three in the stable. in fact i'm true to all brands as long as they have 2 wheels. and last time i checked this site is open to all brands. i did'nt really hear anyone trying to convince anyone that a wing was better than a venture. :sign29::2133: ps. you want to ride with grandma moses on a wing follow wingman through the twisties in georgia. he's a great guy he'll stop and wait for ya once in awhile. :rasberry:

Boy I didn't mean to offend the self proclaimed biggest bike fanatic on this forum... my point was everytime I hear someone spout off about a GW is how fast and powerful it is.. But yet I have never been passed by a GW.. Not that I ever race anyone.. I don't.. I'm sure your friend wingman is a real terror on the twisties in Georgia and would go faster than any RSV rider in the world...yada yada yada.. I'll skip the pissing contest.

I'll say it again...Hey to each his own and I'm not gonna knock another man's ride..

Boy I didn't mean to offend the self proclaimed biggest bike fanatic on this forum... my point was everytime I hear someone spout off about a GW is how fast and powerful it is.. But yet I have never been passed by a GW.. Not that I ever race anyone.. I don't.. I'm sure your friend wingman is a real terror on the twisties in Georgia and would go faster than any RSV rider in the world...yada yada yada.. I'll skip the pissing contest.

I'll say it again...Hey to each his own and I'm not gonna knock another man's ride..

i think your trying to stir the pot in this tread from the git go. you got to get up early in the morning to offend me. my friend wingman happens to be alot of peoples friend on here. the facts are an 1800 wing is alot faster than a royal star. there are several on here that have both that can attest to that. who cares which one is fastest there both fairly slow bikes by my standards. they weren't built for speed. i like them both. if i want to go fast i ride my fast bike.:cool10::cool10::2133:

...you got to get up early in the morning to offend me. my friend wingman happens to be alot of peoples friend on here....

Hey Bill, it helps to have skin like an old rhino, doesn't it? I have to agree about Wingman. Besides being a really fun guy, he is one serious wing rider. There are some very fast guys on this site and I know that they tried mightily to keep up with him in the twisties and/or straights. What a contest that was!!!

i think your trying to stir the pot in this tread from the git go. you got to get up early in the morning to offend me. my friend wingman happens to be alot of peoples friend on here. the facts are an 1800 wing is alot faster than a royal star. there are several on here that have both that can attest to that. who cares which one is fastest there both fairly slow bikes by my standards. they weren't built for speed. i like them both. if i want to go fast i ride my fast bike.:cool10::cool10::2133:

Exactly your making my point... I was pointing out the irony of buying a wing because it's fast... Kinda like buying a Ducati cuz it's comfortable.

I wasn't trying to stir any pot and didn't even realize you started this thread until I reread it to figure out why you got wound up by my 1st post.. I thought your last post was kinda childish so I tried to expose that.

I get it... You're having trouble with the RS.. go get a wing I would never knock that... Just don't try to discredit my opinion or post by saying you're a bigger bike fanatic than me cuz you have 4 or 5 bikes.. I'm as obsessed as the next guy.

Good luck with your decision.

I test rode an '07 Wing and the '07 Venture I bought the same day.

I did not like the sitting position of the Wing, but man, that big Honda will scoot. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, I wasn't interested in raw speed. I wanted comfort because I like to ride 400-600 miles a day sometimes.

During the test ride, I could not see the front forks or the front tire on the Wing. Even if it had been more comfortable, that would have been a deal breaker for me. I personally need to see where my front tire, or the front forks are when I'm going down the road. May be weird, but that's just the way I am.

I've been passed by many, many Wings. I tried once to keep up with one on I-77 coming out of western Virginia. No way, no how. But you know what - no problem either. I go plenty fast enough.

My wife actually thought the Venture was more comfortable, too. Sounded good to me!

I'm with you Geezer.. I prefer stretching out with my feet out in front of me.. I've done 1000 mile days, 2000 in 2 days, and 1500 in 30 hours an unofficial Bun Burner... I didn't do the paperwork... I gave up log books when I quit truckin.

I usuall run between 5 & 15 mph over the speed limit depending on location, traffic, etc. and I know a GW can blow my doors off anytime they want.. But I really don't recall 1 ever passing me and I've run my RSV in about 20 states.

I have heard there are some passengers prefer the RSV's back seat.

Exactly your making my point... I was pointing out the irony of buying a wing because it's fast... Kinda like buying a Ducati cuz it's comfortable.

I wasn't trying to stir any pot and didn't even realize you started this thread until I reread it to figure out why you got wound up by my 1st post.. I thought your last post was kinda childish so I tried to expose that.

I get it... You're having trouble with the RS.. go get a wing I would never knock that... Just don't try to discredit my opinion or post by saying you're a bigger bike fanatic than me cuz you have 4 or 5 bikes.. I'm as obsessed as the next guy.

Good luck with your decision.

if you re reread my post i said i am probably one of the biggest fanatics on here . did'nt say i was the only big fanatic on here. anyway peace. bill :2133:

Of a price tag for me, I cant see spending 23-24,000.00 on a bike that is mostly plastic and you cant see any of the working parts, yeah they ride great, run fast and are a B..ch to work on with all the plastic you have to remove...........I liked the older wings better, thats what I was looking for when I bought my 1st gen, but had to settle for the Yammie, best second choice I ever made.......

one thing for sure about this forum. if i do get a wing at least i know i can still ride with you all. how do i know this you ask? because you have put up with my snarly butt almost from day one, and i ain't been run off yet. besides i ain't got a wing yet. bill :rasberry: :)

I the looks of the Wing not a fan of the motor sticking out by the feet and I was surprised how low the seat was. I like the power, the light set up is great, the handling, the thing that kills it for me is the foot position with the motor right there for bigger guys not the greatest that why I like my 1st Gen with the V4 nothing sticking it the sides to interefere with your feet.