IGNORED

Zumo Volume Level

Have any of you that have a Zumo 550 noticed a drop in volume when listening to mp3 or XM thru the Zumo? When I am listening to FM or to my mp3 player I usually have my volume set at 17-18 but if I switch to the Zumo and listen to mp3s or XM I have to turn the volume up to 27-28 to get the same sound level. Is this normal:confused07:

Theres a volume control on it. Hold the button with the square till you get a pop up for the brightness. then push it again ( or the button next to it I forget) and it will switch sides of the screen and will be the volume for the output

Set the volume lower on the MP3 Side and Up to 100%

on the Sound for the Directions... then crank up

your RSV Volume, I am guessing having an AMP

in my trunk helps the Zumo a bit for me though.

(or in your case after re-reading do the opposite)

Jeff

I was very disapointed with the zumo when i first cranked it up but found shortly it has a volume of its own. I have it set for 100% and i only use the rsv volume now to adjust everything. works good.

Yeah, that's how I do it too. I have all the Zumo levels set to 100% and I control the volume with the bikes audio control. When I use my mp3 player (not mp3s on the Zumo) I set its volume at 100% also. I think the audio out of the Zumo is not as strong as my mp3 player or the bikes FM radio. I posted this on the other Venture forum and someone suggested an additional inline booster. Maybe I'll try that.

Thanks all for your input.