IGNORED

Stupid accident

kbran

No, not on the bike. I was pouring concrete at my house wed. with my wife and son helping. Just 7 yd. but the last half was getting tough to drag and I ended up on my knees. The knees began to hurt I thought from the rocks but when we got thru I could barely walk and when I changed pants, realized something worse had happened. Concrete has alkaline in it and I ended up with 2nd degree burns on my knees and about 5 inches down my legs. So needless to say I have been in some pain the last few days and haven't been on the site. Not only that but wed. eve. we had tornados and the power was off until last night. One neigobor lost a roof and a trailer destroyed down the road with a lot of trees and power lines down.

Anyway that's enough crying on your shoulders, it's getting better, according to the doc it could have been a lot worse.

Thats not the best way to title your post, had me scared there for a few seconds............Sorry to hear your bummed up, take care of those burns, we know how painful burns can be from experience. we will pray for quick recovery for you.

Hey Buddy, sorry you are bunged up. I only have 11 more work days. After June 30th I will be free. I could help sometimes with your work, for mechanic work on the bike.

I have a chance to buy 13.4 acres for $40400.00 in Bush. That is about $3000.00 an acre. Do you know what an acre is going for around where you live? I know it is much more yhan 3 grand in Bush. It has water, electric and a sewer tank there already. All I have to do is clear up the road that went into the woods and put some dirt and gravel down the road and the area I will put my trailer when I pull it out there. I'm gonna try to put a couple extra spots there so others could camp there as well.

Well, hope you heal soon. Lyle

Hey Buddy, sorry you are bunged up. I only have 11 more work days. After June 30th I will be free. I could help sometimes with your work, for mechanic work on the bike.

I have a chance to buy 13.4 acres for $40400.00 in Bush. That is about $3000.00 an acre. Do you know what an acre is going for around where you live? I know it is much more yhan 3 grand in Bush. It has water, electric and a sewer tank there already. All I have to do is clear up the road that went into the woods and put some dirt and gravel down the road and the area I will put my trailer when I pull it out there. I'm gonna try to put a couple extra spots there so others could camp there as well.

Well, hope you heal soon. Lyle

Thanks for the offer Lyle. Not sure what prices are right now but that sure sound good. If I can find out will let you know. If I can help you out there let me know.

Kenny,

So sorry to hear about your burnt knees..Hope with a little tender care and wearing shorts all day help you heal fast..

I just have to ask.. so what does cement look like with knee marks in it..

Is this a some kind of new home and garden fad we just havent heard about?:whistling:

Thanks for the well wishes guys. Eck, I wouldn't suggest this new fad. The concrete looks ok but it takes a bad toll on the knees. The burns are looking better but still hurt some, the worst pain is when I try to get up to walk.

Vin, Prices depend on what area you are looking at. Land on the north shore from New Orleans can run that high. We are 30 miles north of the lake area and in rural areas as low as $3000 an acre.

Kenny, sorry to hear about the burns, know how painful those can be.

Just a heads up for anyone else who plans on working with concrete. If you get concrete on you wash with vinegar. I know it smells, but it will counteract the acid in concrete.

Don H.