IGNORED

Cherry's Delinquent Little Sister

SilveradoCA

Found the picture of the enclosed sidecar bike. It is a 1924 Seal 1000 cc. Also came across a picture of a three wheeler with two wheels at the front. Between the wheels is is an armchair with foot board. It has two brass lanterns, one on each side. Behind and to the side of the armchair is a radiator. Behind that is another comfy seat above the rear wheel with a luggage rack on the back. Interesting machine but unfortunately glare blurred out the identification card.

OK, so I am old and memory ain't what it used to be. Found a picture of the Mexican bikes. They were chopper style single seat mini bikes with small wheels. Looks like 150 cc V twin. Sticker on them says APG.

So, anybody know what famous car company started out as a sidecar manufacturer who switched to building their own cars?

Found the picture of the enclosed sidecar bike. It is a 1924 Seal 1000 cc. Also came across a picture of a three wheeler with two wheels at the front. Between the wheels is is an armchair with foot board. It has two brass lanterns, one on each side. Behind and to the side of the armchair is a radiator. Behind that is another comfy seat above the rear wheel with a luggage rack on the back. Interesting machine but unfortunately glare blurred out the identification card.

OK, so I am old and memory ain't what it used to be. Found a picture of the Mexican bikes. They were chopper style single seat mini bikes with small wheels. Looks like 150 cc V twin. Sticker on them says APG.

So, anybody know what famous car company started out as a sidecar manufacturer who switched to building their own cars?

I love motorcycle trivia guessing games so I am in... NO GOOGLING = its a code violation!!! My guess is either MG or Triumph:12101:

I love motorcycle trivia guessing games so I am in... NO GOOGLING = its a code violation!!! My guess is either MG or Triumph:12101:

C'mon Puc, Google is your Friend. Besides, I am not that versed. Want to do this with PC history and I can go that route. :guitarist 2:

1972 HONDA 450 CHOPPER (2).jpgI grew up during a time when "West Coast Vans" were King. The only problem was I lived on the East Coast. My rag tag crew and I did quite a few vans with Beds in the rear, TV's, Reel to Reel tape players, and even an Aquarium in one early 70's Dodge Van. (Dodges made the best Hippy Vans!) Lots of crushed velvet, lots of paneling, and lots of FUR! The pic below is my first time I "chopped" a motorcycle. I took a perfectly good 1972 Honda 450 twin and went to town on it. From the 16" Harley Rear Wheel, to the "coffin tank", to the double rectangular headlights, this was my Saturday Night Cruiser! Proud as punch of this baby because I did the fab, paint and even laced up that rear wheel! Enjoy the pic, it brought back some OLD memories.

Skydoc_17

attachment.php?attachmentid=118722&d=1588379000

Edited by skydoc_17
ADDED PIC...AGAIN

I grew up during a time when "West Coast Vans" were King. The only problem was I lived on the East Coast. My rag tag crew and I did quite a few vans with Beds in the rear, TV's, Reel to Reel tape players, and even an Aquarium in one early 70's Dodge Van. (Dodges made the best Hippy Vans!) Lots of crushed velvet, lots of paneling, and lots of FUR! The pic below is my first time I "chopped" a motorcycle. I took a perfectly good 1972 Honda 450 twin and went to town on it. From the 16" Harley Rear Wheel, to the "coffin tank", to the double rectangular headlights, this was my Saturday Night Cruiser! Proud as punch of this baby because I did the fab, paint and even laced up that rear wheel! Enjoy the pic, it brought back some OLD memories.

Skydoc_17

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=118722&d=1588379000

:scared:,,, you and I Earl,, we got more in common than a lot of actual blood brothers have my friend!! I was the odd duck of our family of 7 kids.. Even before Kindergarten, my parents knew something was off.. My lack of any form of interest in sports (my dad was an athletic crazy) and interest in motorcycles during a day and time when motorcyclist were severely looked down upon was an issue.. When I was in Kindergarten I still remember to this day being punished (both at school and at home) because of my lack of interest in collecting baseball cards and such as most normal boys did as I preferred to sit and draw pictures of Chopped motorcycles. I would also rather rip apart a beat up old lawn mower engine to see what was inside than watch the super bowl - and this was as a little kid :240:.. When I got a little older and started riding peddle bikes, I had aquired quite a local reputation for ruining friends bikes by cutting the hollow tubed forks off them (Huffies?) and using those forks on other friends bikes to create extended forks by sliding the hollowed ones over the flat forks of other friends bikes (rich kids with Schwinns). Yep,, even at 8 years old, I was a rebel.. I have since built many choppers over the years and actually thoroughly enjoyed cruising and touring on them pre-Venture days. I also got into for resale..

Allll that said, and in the spirit of a shared brotherly love for the fine art of Chopperdom,, could you PLEASE take another shot at posting the picture of your bike?? I am not able to see it and would LOVE to!! I would also be interested in knowing whether or not I am the only one on VR who is unable to view your precious Chopper picture?

Your brother in Chopperdom!!

Puc

Thanks Puc,

That pic was there last night, I swear! I was looking at that pic closer this morning, and remembered that this old scoot had drum brakes front and rear. Being the self proclaimed Brake Upgrade Guy, it's funny that my first custom scoot would have the crappiest brakes on it. Although during that time, disc brakes were pretty much unheard of. At least it had a front brake, I remember many of the early Harley's didn't even have a front brake. Thanks again for pointing out my attachment error. My post would not have been much of a post without the pic!

Earl

This thread has become a fun stream-of-consciousness exercise!

Taryn Manning (the name that stuck to this bike, because only a monster names a Zuk Suzy) continues her rehab, getting over bad decisions made by her prior rider. He was enthusiastic and cheerful, and it seemed just clever enough to be dangerous, so we'll call him Mr. Bean.

As you can well imagine, a low bike wearing OEM junk rear shocks with ~2" of travel is not particularly comfy to ride through dystopian industrial parks on a Friday night, what with the expertly maintained roads thereabouts. I noticed on day 1 that the bike only had about 1/2" of static sag with this hobbit sitting in the saddle; Mr. Bean had the preload set almost all the way up, and the tires were as overinflated as Kanye West's ego. With both issues rectified, hooliganism is a slightly more comfortable endeavour. (As an aside, I adjust the tire pressure in my truck quite regularly, and being used to that endeavour, I had forgotten how fast a little skinny tire picks up and loses pressure. There's just not a lot of air inside them, and if you so much as sneeze, you can overshoot your mark by about 5psi.) I'm on the hunt for a set of Progressive 412's that someone has ripped off a Sportster. (Speaking of which, Suzuki missed a HUGE opportunity by not naming this model the Thumpster).

After spending some time edifying myself on this model, I've taken to carrying a little screwdriver with me everywhere. This is because Mr. Bean re-jetted the carb to go along with the K&N filter and HD pipe. This is a common practice, and seems to be well documented. However, on doing so, he proceeded to tune the pilot circuit so lean it could pass for Kate Moss in the early 90's. I've managed to get the backfire on decel down to sub-sonic .22 levels, but on the forum for these bikes that is every bit the fine match to venturerider.org, I've learned that the TEV (throttle enrichment valve, anti-backfire valve, air cut valve) needs attention frequently, so that's later today. However, with the pilot tuned to a more sensible state, this bike is otherwise running well. Part throttle cruising at ~3200rpm, and she is happy, happy, happy!

Horsepower only comes packaged three ways: enough, not enough, and more than enough. With the mods in place, according to some dyno charts I've seen, Taryn Manning should be making about 33-34, and notionally about 40 torques. That places her solidly in the 'enough' range for her intended mission. A roll on from 80Km/h toward a buck twenty proves that should you want to cruise the freeway or put her on a highway, and show her a sign, she'll take it to the limit, one more time. No prob. Also enough to spin the rear coming out of a corner at less than one-half impulse speed. Not to worry though, that ancient IRC front hasn't NEARLY enough grip left to hook up and threaten a high-side adventure.

If I die from corona virus, it will be because she needs a front donut badly, and Fortnine (which is like Revzilla with a French-Canadian accent) is quoting THREE WEEKS to deliver one by UPS. So if you know someone who's ordering Charmin by the sea-can load, give 'em a smack.

So far I've seen 4.2l/100KM (~56MPG) commuting to work and ripping around with no notion of saving fuel, and she cost me $64 Canadian to insure. For the whole year. I like this bad chicken more and more every day. Makes me smile like this:

49845831471_aa7a39244e_b.jpg

Thanks Puc,

That pic was there last night, I swear! I was looking at that pic closer this morning, and remembered that this old scoot had drum brakes front and rear. Being the self proclaimed Brake Upgrade Guy, it's funny that my first custom scoot would have the crappiest brakes on it. Although during that time, disc brakes were pretty much unheard of. At least it had a front brake, I remember many of the early Harley's didn't even have a front brake. Thanks again for pointing out my attachment error. My post would not have been much of a post without the pic!

Earl

What ya did, ya did good cause I can see clearly now :guitarist 2::happy34::happy34:!! VERY WELL DONE EARL!!!! She's a beauty!! I always enjoyed making the coffin's,, straight cuts, tig em up... A ton less work than dinking around with the english wheel BUT,, I did actually enjoy the wheel - lots of fun if you wanna spend hours tinkering.. Concerning the brakes,, even though you did drums,, at least you did SOMETHING for stopping power!!! My bent always leaned more toward a love for the simplisity "spoolie" look.. 21 inch spoolie with no brake to clutter it up and a set of "Z" bars aimed at my chest to put me out of my mysery should my rear drum brake fail me in an emergency.. :witch_brew:

I LOVE YOU BUILD BROTHER!! Thanks for the pic!

Puc

DSCN2727.JPGti3 (98).JPGti3 (18).JPGDSCN2782.JPGDSCN2768.JPG

This thread has become a fun stream-of-consciousness exercise!

Taryn Manning (the name that stuck to this bike, because only a monster names a Zuk Suzy) continues her rehab, getting over bad decisions made by her prior rider. He was enthusiastic and cheerful, and it seemed just clever enough to be dangerous, so we'll call him Mr. Bean.

As you can well imagine, a low bike wearing OEM junk rear shocks with ~2" of travel is not particularly comfy to ride through dystopian industrial parks on a Friday night, what with the expertly maintained roads thereabouts. I noticed on day 1 that the bike only had about 1/2" of static sag with this hobbit sitting in the saddle; Mr. Bean had the preload set almost all the way up, and the tires were as overinflated as Kanye West's ego. With both issues rectified, hooliganism is a slightly more comfortable endeavour. (As an aside, I adjust the tire pressure in my truck quite regularly, and being used to that endeavour, I had forgotten how fast a little skinny tire picks up and loses pressure. There's just not a lot of air inside them, and if you so much as sneeze, you can overshoot your mark by about 5psi.) I'm on the hunt for a set of Progressive 412's that someone has ripped off a Sportster. (Speaking of which, Suzuki missed a HUGE opportunity by not naming this model the Thumpster).

After spending some time edifying myself on this model, I've taken to carrying a little screwdriver with me everywhere. This is because Mr. Bean re-jetted the carb to go along with the K&N filter and HD pipe. This is a common practice, and seems to be well documented. However, on doing so, he proceeded to tune the pilot circuit so lean it could pass for Kate Moss in the early 90's. I've managed to get the backfire on decel down to sub-sonic .22 levels, but on the forum for these bikes that is every bit the fine match to venturerider.org, I've learned that the TEV (throttle enrichment valve, anti-backfire valve, air cut valve) needs attention frequently, so that's later today. However, with the pilot tuned to a more sensible state, this bike is otherwise running well. Part throttle cruising at ~3200rpm, and she is happy, happy, happy!

Horsepower only comes packaged three ways: enough, not enough, and more than enough. With the mods in place, according to some dyno charts I've seen, Taryn Manning should be making about 33-34, and notionally about 40 torques. That places her solidly in the 'enough' range for her intended mission. A roll on from 80Km/h toward a buck twenty proves that should you want to cruise the freeway or put her on a highway, and show her a sign, she'll take it to the limit, one more time. No prob. Also enough to spin the rear coming out of a corner at less than one-half impulse speed. Not to worry though, that ancient IRC front hasn't NEARLY enough grip left to hook up and threaten a high-side adventure.

If I die from corona virus, it will be because she needs a front donut badly, and Fortnine (which is like Revzilla with a French-Canadian accent) is quoting THREE WEEKS to deliver one by UPS. So if you know someone who's ordering Charmin by the sea-can load, give 'em a smack.

So far I've seen 4.2l/100KM (~56MPG) commuting to work and ripping around with no notion of saving fuel, and she cost me $64 Canadian to insure. For the whole year. I like this bad chicken more and more every day. Makes me smile like this:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49845831471_aa7a39244e_b.jpg

OUTSTANDING SILV!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Ya know,, thinking about it,, the headlight on your scoot looks about as close to being an original ""Bates"" as one could get!! WAYYYYYYYYYYY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

OUTSTANDING SILV!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Ya know,, thinking about it,, the headlight on your scoot looks about as close to being an original ""Bates"" as one could get!! WAYYYYYYYYYYY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I know! I'm looking for a nice match in a tail light. The square plastic hunk that's on there now is not pretty.

I also have an idea to work up a totally cool set of throw-over bags. Stay tuned on that.

I know! I'm looking for a nice match in a tail light. The square plastic hunk that's on there now is not pretty.

I also have an idea to work up a totally cool set of throw-over bags. Stay tuned on that.

Wish you were closer Silv,, I got an original Tombstone Taillight in my stock of left over parts from my Chopper build days... Would DEFINITELY top off your build in total chopperdom coolness :missingtooth:

Briefly,a couple guys in England started making motorcycle sidecars. They were quite successful and expanded into fabrication work for cars. They decided to start building their own cars. Again they were successful and built very nice but not very exciting cars. They wanted something sportier and built sports cars. The name swallow did not fit so They changed it to Jaguar. The early Jaguar SS 100 was named for the Brough Superior SS100.

What motorcycle built about 1912 ( accounts vary) was water cooled, had a V8, shaft drive, 37 inch wheels, carried 3 passengers, had a steering wheel, 4 speed stick shift, and weighed 3200 lbs. It could do 80 mph which was extremely fast for the time. Did I mention the training wheels, they deployed at stops.