IGNORED

Locking Device

Guest divey

Greetings...

Logging chain and tree have mine. Loaded 357 not far away.

Similar:

A heavy Ruger branded lock + Day-glow Yellow rubber sheathed cable through the front wheel, forks and exhaust headers - Brand name on the lock, UP and visible - and the P-95 to back it up. Front wheel turned to lock position - and ignition locked. I doubt that it would stop a committed thief - just slow them down long enough for me to take aim...

On our last long trip - the GF driving the cage - I tossed my 40 lb tow chain duffel bag into the trunk - in case she broke down (or I ran into another ditch!) - and used that to chain the back wheel to a guard rail at a motel parking lot in Santa-Ana...

Guest Brad25ca

Gorilla Motorcycle alarm. No one wants to hang around to steal something when an alarm is going off. It's very well hidden, so not easily disarmed.

Look, we all know a thief is going ot take what he wants, regardless what we do. I felt that if I can attract attention to what's going on that's the best thing. No thief wants to get noticed during a robbery. Remember, if you turn on the lights, the cockroaches scatter!:stickinouttounge:

Edited by Brad25ca

C'mon guys. Nobody steals Yamahas.

At least not the touring bikes...maybe a few cruisers or sportbikes get taken on joyrides, or end up in Mexico, but lets be honest.

There is practically no value to a thief in stealing a Venture because there is no demand for them in the black market.

Its not a matter of value, its a matter of whether they can unload it. Harleys have a HUGE value when stolen and parted out. Engines, frames, wheels, tanks, it will all sell. But when was the last time you heard of a Yamaha theft ring?

I worry more about being struck by lightning.

My bike was stolen from me and much to my fault I didnt have the fork lock "locked". They wheeled it into a truck or trailor did there business (Drilling the saddle bag locks) and all they got was a helmet and pair of leather gloves. Colorado Springs

Trying to get the locks replaced (Discontiued item of coarse) has been a major pain in the Arse.

Stay safe and keep the rubber on the road.

:225:Michael

Four strong guys with two 5 foot lengths of sturdy pipe can steal a pretty heavy bike.

They just insert the pipes into the wheels, and lift it up, 'paul bearer' style, and carry into a van or truck. Locks wont matter if your bike is high on the list of bikes they want.

Thankfully, the Venture is not on that list.

.... and you know this... HOW??? :rasberry: :witch_brew: :witch_brew: :rotf:

Bottom line is that if someone wants your bike they are going to get it. Nothing you can do to stop it. While I don't leave my key in the ignition I have been known to forget it, and low and behold the bike is still there in the morning.

I honestly don't think I have ever locked my bike. I did have one of those anti-theft things that cut the fuel off if you didn't disable it before you started the bike on my 550 Maxim, but that got to be a real pain cause I kept forgetting to disable it.

At hotels I just cover the bike with a half cover and get a good nights sleep.