IGNORED

Speed

az1103

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm in a hotel in Bradford, PA right now and have a wireless connection that isn't that good. I just timed it though by clicking on several links and etc. and they all open is less than 2 second. Not sure what is happening there.

I was going to say something yesterday. When I click on a thread, it can take up to a half a minute or more to load. Sometimes I just give up and go away for a while. This happens at home and at work.

Just now after I clicked on this thread, it took 20 sec to load.

Just to add, other sites seem fine.

Steve

Is it possible that our browsers cache is full (on our own pc's) and we need to "clean it", Don? I experience the same thing when I'm going to post in a thread or waiting for the 2nd page, etc. to open.

By the way, saw you got up same time as me this am- 6:45..... You keep late nights and early morns like me.

Thanks,

Dan

PS met an RSTD rider at a local shop today, has 50,000 on his '03--- heading out to NM in a month, told him about the site and our stuff going on here. One more closer to 5000! Sounds like Lowell's son!

First thing I did !! Made no difference whatsoever. Besides, that would affect all sites.... I am not having any other problems. Also I am on high speed DSL and not experiencing problems on any other sites. This tread took a good 15 seconds to open... Something's not kosher.

Besides, that would affect all sites.... I am not having any other problems.

Not if it is a corrupted cookie, coold effect one site as it did with my issue related to the theme. I also said that I can't say that it is related. I tmay have been a coincidence that both were resolved at the same time.

Weather is great here, beach is close....Can't beat Highway 1 for riding-as far as you want, Calif. Oregon, Washington practicaly to Canada.... Last time I was in Houston had to walk at 45 degrees and carry an anchor - the wind was incredible, and that was downtown.

I don't really understand what it going on. I have the ads back on now. It made no difference at all on my end. I find that all threads, posts, etc. open very quickly. The only time that it seems a little slow is if I am actually in a thread and hit the browsers refresh button. I would seldom have a reason to do that though.

It deffinitely appears slower than usual here. I tried several different sites - all seem pretty normal. I seem to be experiencing slow page reload.

You say slow reload. Does that mean reload when you hit "refresh" on your browser? There are a lot of scripts that run here when you do that. Why would you need to? Just curious.