Tried a quick search but didn't find anything so,,, what size are the speakers in a 86 Venture? Anyone have any recommendations on a good weather resistant replacement?

The size is 4", i got mine at walmart for around $48 bucks,im sure they are some out there for more money and that have better sound.pioneers are the brand and so far that rain hasnt hurt them.I have had them in the bike for 2 years now.

I have heared some of them have been able to take out the front turn signals to remove the nuts from the back side of the speakers,instead of taking the dash panels apart.You might want to take one out first and get a speaker with the same size magnet, there is not a lot of room in there. :080402gudl_prv:

Hope your refering to the metal frame as I never seen a square speaker. :rotf:

Brad

The picture tag isn't working for me so click the link-http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Kicker-Kicker-S12L54-12-DVC-SOLOBARIC

Dang,,,, the "link" tag isn't even workin????

Any Of The Newer Style Speakers With Mylar Plastic Cones Instead Of Paper Cones Should Do You Well In "wet" Locations Including The Dash Of The First Gen. Vr. I Have A Set Of Boston Acustics In My 87' Vr. Incredable Sound, I Tried The Turnsignal Trick But My Hands Were A Bit To Big To Get To All 4 Nuts. I Had To Remove The Dash Panel.

Earl

Standard 4" speaker. I used some Pioneers for 40 or 50 bucks, 2-way type which sound much better. Poly cones resist water, and they've been fine so far. I did the work through the blinker holes. Tight, but possible.

Note, even with new speakers it's not really loud enough at freeway speeds. It needs a little more amp.

Jeremy

Yea, I like my Boston Acoustic speakers in mine. Note that the magnet is so big I had to trim the plastic guard that went behind came with) the stock and had to put some stuff between the the speaker plate and grill to seal the gap around the edges.

Looks like they have gone up, paid around $50 about 8 or 9 years ago.