IGNORED

The Game Plan on picking up bike.

Guest bsreg

Guest bsreg

Currently I am in Pittsburgh until tomorrow evening.. I will be heading out to Fitzgerald Ga. to pick up what I believe to be a 1996 VR that I purchased from Police Dept there. I have spoken a number of times to the Chief of Police there and have been assured that the bike has actually only 4835 miles on it and has been stored indoors for its entire life. The bike was used only for funerals and parades.... neither of which Fitzgerald had a lot of.

I will be stopping off in Knoxville Tn Saturday (mom is there) and then heading back out Sunday, then I will be stopping below Macon to pick up a mc trailer that a friend there is selling me and off to Fitzgerald to pick up bike Monday a.m..

The plan is from there to head back to Knoxville (I have two weeks off) then make any repairs, service, oil changes, and general services that the bike may need from lack of use.

The tires will probably need changed so the first thing I would need is any info on any good bike shops in knoxville. When I was living in Knoxville 10 years ago there was not such a thing everything we needed done we went to TOMMY THOMPSONS up in Oneida. SO any suggestions of who is good and who is trustworthy would be great.

I will be heading back to Cincinnati to begin a work project that will have me all over the state of Ohio and Pittsburgh that will last until Oct. So while in Ohio I would also like trust worthy locations or great new friends that can help work on the bike or work on it in general. They tell me the carbs have an issue I am pretty sure it is from old gas and hoping that seafoam will take care of that part, but sure would be nice to have someone to turn to like the service day they are having in Texas.

While in Ohio/Pa I should have a 3 day weekend every week. I will finish up 2-3am on Friday Morn then not go back until 7 pm Monday, so I will have some time to piddle and do a lot of things or travel to where I can get things done..

Thanks in advance for all your great help

Don..

Guest bsreg

It is...

Spoken many times to the Chief of Police there about it... bike has actual miles on it. I know it is not a 1994 it is claimed to be 1996 but the paint color was not available as a option until 1998... so I am anxious to see.....

Guest bsreg
Don, check out Alcoa Good Times in Maryville. Easy to get to, do pretty good work. 865-981-4444. Any questions while you're in town, give me a holler.

Thanks Trucker... spent many many days in your neck of the woods.... mom goes to church there in OS grand parents lived just up from Marlow over looking Kyles Farm.. Lord knows I have torn up nearly every stretch of windrock I possibly could....

http://www.govdeals.com/eas/closeditems_sold.cfm?itemID=11&acctID=1589 this is the bike.... VR is what I assume it was VENTURE ROYAL...