Yesterday I went to the Dealer and purchased some Kuyakyn Iso-grips for the Star. You'ld think that scince I've installed the same grips on my '01 Roadstar and my wife's '06 Mean Streak a a few other bike that this would be easy. Not so. The left grip went on with out any problems. But, when it came to the throttle grip. that was another story. It seems that the good folks at Yamaha H.Q. have dicided that too many of you people were messing around with "Thier" fine motorcycles. So in an effort to curtail this they have installed accessory proof screws on their bikes. It works like this... One of you ingrates goes in to the dealer and "buys" a Yamaha motocycle. You go home with your new bike. You decide that "your" new bike needs a personal touch ( i.e. grips ). You buy some grips. You go home with your new grips. You observe that the throttle housing assembly is fasened together with "Phillips head screws". You find the appropriate "Phillips head" screw-driver in your tool box. You place the srewdriver tightly on the screw. You turn the srewdriver in a counter-clock wise motion. It strips.

That sound you heard yesterday at 5:30 Pm Central daylight time, "@#&*% YAMAHA!!!", was just the wind.

Guest tx2sturgis
Wow, I thought this thread was goin' somewhere else!!!!!!:cool10::cool10::cool10:

Me too!

But those days are LOOOONNGGG gone!

:rotf:

Thanks all for replying. I'm sorry some of you worked up for nothing.

Heck, you get our age, sometimes a thought is all we need! It's never nothing!! Glad you got your help, though.

Dan

• 5 weeks later...