IGNORED

Rider down in KY.

RDawson

So sad. People don't realize how they are endangering lives when they blow grass clippings on the highway.

I went down one time because of a muddy driveway. The person who lived there left lots of mud on the road and it contributed to me going down. I broke my ankle and damaged the bike a bit but nothing non-recoverable. I fought the skid and that allowed the bike to slow down quite a bit before hitting the pavement.

I just saw a post from a trailing rider, 4 bikes coming home from an autism charity ride and ran into a heavy layer of grass. He leaves behind a young daughter.

I was with Bongobob and Marcarl near Don's MD last year when Bob stopped and asked a gentleman mowing to stop blowing it on the road and explained the dangers. I have done the same, but we need help educating the public. The comments on FB blaming the rider are atrocious. Our local Sheriff posts often about the dangers but it's a common problem here.

And I was nice and didn't use a single swear word either...

That's why I used the words "gentleman, asked, and explained ". True feelings and thoughts don't show in text and I wanted to use this as a good example, I should have also said "nicely asked". I never expected less from you. While I sometimes have a short fuse a friendly conversation usually gets better results in times like that. A little education goes a long way with most people and will hopefully keep someone safer in the future.

See ya at Don's.

Edited by RDawson

Im in Shelby Co, Happens around here all the time. Sad that folks dont care. This situation can send a car off the road. I too have spoken to folks and they dont seem to see the issue and will swear it's not against the law..

Im in Shelby Co, Happens around here all the time. Sad that folks dont care. This situation can send a car off the road. I too have spoken to folks and they dont seem to see the issue and will swear it's not against the law..

According to local police and media it isn't against the law in KY. There have been a couple of petitions to get it into law sent to Bevin without any progress.