IGNORED

Need keys

I just bought an 83 venture and it has no keys to it. Just curious if someone has any spare ones laying around. It don't have saddlebags or anything. But the fairing is still there. Someone bypassed the actual fan switch so it comes on with the key. This is what she looks like. She has 26,000 miles I believe. I did not hear it run I bought it on the spot. Brought it home got it off the trailer and had her running within an hour. She sputtered then vroom she went. Aired up front tire and went for a spin. I will say tho I forgot how bad the brakes were on Tinker originally. Damnnnnn they suck! But hey following in a crazy lop eared varmints foot steps. cd81f3f73886bbe1caa62c098041cded.jpg310d272a2065af04ce3014c9338a2a70.jpg4f5cd81f5d3e0ebeed12eb61fb25709f.jpg

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

:scared:,, :sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign woo hoo::You_Rock_Emoticon::ice_congrats-vi6886:sign killer dude:

Now THAT is what I am TALKIN ABOUT Snype!!! :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

Quick,, she's runnin,,toss a leg and head west!!:Laugh:

About the keys,, seems like there was someone who had the blanks and was making key's for the 1st Gens around here Snype,, its been a longggg time since I noticed his/her ad but,,, maybe do some digging in the Vendor area or parts are or something cause I am almost sure I saw it,,, of course,, maybe that was during a time when they had me on Morphine and I was halucynatin but I dont think so,, but maybe:Bunny2:

Its funny you say head west I did that. Then that's when I got reminded of the brakes being, well I've been in cars where the pedal hit the floor stopped faster. [emoji12] anyways I may just move the bags from tinker to this one but I would still want just one key. I found some on eBay last night. But @cowpuc your right there was a member who said he was *punching* keys but I think he needed the key code or something like that. I may get ahold of a locksmith if they exist still and see if I take him the tank cover I broke open to see if he can key it that way. I expected it to start but did not expect her to run that damned good. Still needs gone thru but I got to complete the id/od in order to get the title transferred. Some stupid bull**** Missouri does to make **** a pain!![emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

I will add the Dunlops that are on it have a date code of 185.......[emoji102] you look at the pegs and we'll there practically brand new looking. Last time it was tagged was for 60 days last year. My impression of looking it over. Someone last year dumped it and was scared of it. I put it in my garage last night and it just took a bump of the starter and she fired right up! I have never been so happy before but want her to be right! So I'm hoping only hack job was near the battery. It still has the glass fuses and they are in great shape. This is gonna be cool getting into this bike. Now I just need to recoup some money so I can get started. The guy also had a 1983 Honda gl1100. It ran good while he had boost box on it but when he removed it, it would spit and sputter. Only thing I could think of is the lack of 12.5 volts. I don't know what guy paid but I bet it was cheap. Anyways I'm gonna try to get some pedal back then take him/her over to get inspected.

Well found a place to get the key cut for $25.00! That's cheap I believe. Looks like I have a leak in the bottom small hose going into thermostat housing. I'll put water in it and check for sure later. Also the right elbow has a god awfull gash in it. But amazingly don't leak there. The brakes and tires will be next. But probably gonna do chopper build with tinker maybe.. Still up in the air. As I didn't plan on getting another bike. [emoji16]

Well found a place to get the key cut for $25.00! That's cheap I believe. Looks like I have a leak in the bottom small hose going into thermostat housing. I'll put water in it and check for sure later. Also the right elbow has a god awfull gash in it. But amazingly don't leak there. The brakes and tires will be next. But probably gonna do chopper build with tinker maybe.. Still up in the air. As I didn't plan on getting another bike. [emoji16]

Sometimes I think Mom Yam should have just mailed those 1st Gens to us with the water pump line pre-dented but ohhh nooo,, instead of doing that she designed em so when a Semi went by a loaded 1st Gen sitting under a Highway overpass to wait out a massive thunderstorm and blows the poor thing over on its right side, the engine guard cuts a nice groove in it as Mr. Gravity proves his muscle...

Well I stand corrected it's amazing what you can see better at night time, than you see during the daytime. She's got a steady spray coming out of that little Groove and that's where she's leaking I think I'm going to name her either Riva or Ruby. And I bet you know which way tinker is going to be going her name is Tinker after all!

From what little I can tell so far she will need HH pads for certain. Someone had the pedal adjusted kind of low to my liking. But I took it for a spin and have some brakes the anemic ones. I am thinking a member had posted where you can get the rebuild kit for the brakes so I'm going to try to search that up. The screws in the master cylinders however I need to get them out, I'm hoping they ain't stuck in there but I'm not impressed with the looks of the screws. Since I'm waiting on a water rebuild kit on tinker I may just well just take off the elbow and switch them out. And then take this one for a little bit or Spin and see what else I can find it needs done. But my impression is the tow company that had this bike picked it up after whoever dumped it over. That's how I got my deal with no keys but the title. Probably going to Steel Tinkers tires for now. Might as well just totally redo tinker by replacing the washer in the transmission that's going to sound like a fun job at least I'll know how to do it on this bike when it goes if it goes. I'm pretty much guessing though that second gear has not been fixed in this.

The ignition key code is stamped on the back of the switch.... There are different blanks (A-F) as well as the number. You'll need to remove the switch to see it.. You'll need a long rachet extention...maybe a couple of them... and go up thru the front forks to get to it. 10mm socket if I remember correctly?? When reinstalling use hex cap screws for more controll...

https://www.cyclekeysonline.com/

The ignition key code is stamped on the back of the switch.... There are different blanks (A-F) as well as the number. You'll need to remove the switch to see it.. You'll need a long rachet extention...maybe a couple of them... and go up thru the front forks to get to it. 10mm socket if I remember correctly?? When reinstalling use hex cap screws for more controll...

https://www.cyclekeysonline.com/

As a matter of fact as we speak I'm getting ready to head to the parts store to get an extension because I found that out.It is a pain to get there but also found out of the 10 mm. And I will definitely keep the Allen head screws in mind!

The MC cover screws are available from Yamaha. I just cut slots in the stripped heads on mine with a Dremel and turned them out with a flat blade driver.

Somebody has already done that to the master cylinders, I also kind of wonder if the ones on it even go to the venture because they seem more slanted that the ones on my other bike. I will take photos tomorrow and show what I am talking about..