IGNORED

It's a Bird... It's a Plane.. No

Condor

It's my new play toy... We're becoming an eclectic bunch of OF's and here's something new to talk about... :-)

It's my new Sky Watcher Flextube 250P synscan....

Now all it's got to do is warm up....and figure out how this thing works.... :-)

s11810_gotodob10_leftfront_1800x1800.jpg?v=1534380349

Oh you'll have a blast I have an older Celestron with the auto tracking and star finder. Once you set it up and orient it a few times its so easy. Don't know about your model if it has location input or not. mine does but i still had to orient for north and south and there's a chart for adjusting a few degrees off magnetic depending on where you live. Seeing the rings of Saturn or the big spot on Jupiter live is something. If your motor is quick enough you can also catch the space station, theres an app on google play that will give you coordinates for viewings in your area!

Oh you'll have a blast I have an older Celestron with the auto tracking and star finder. Once you set it up and orient it a few times its so easy. Don't know about your model if it has location input or not. mine does but i still had to orient for north and south and there's a chart for adjusting a few degrees off magnetic depending on where you live. Seeing the rings of Saturn or the big spot on Jupiter live is something. If your motor is quick enough you can also catch the space station, theres an app on google play that will give you coordinates for viewings in your area!

I actually have 4 or 5 Celestrons. One from the Vixon days with the manual super polarus head, and the others all have computerized tracking of some form or another. I even have a smaller 5" that has an internal star chart and will orient itself with it's attached camera.... Do I know what I'm doing??? Nah.... Celestron and Meade were...are... the big dogs in the universe, but Sky Watcher is putting out some nice stuff lately and has been around for 20 years. This new scope will find and track at all kinds of speeds... So maybe I'll be able to wave at the space station as it sails on by..?? Smile you're on candid camera... :photographing: :-)

YEP... Works pretty good too... You just have to remember the area code... :-)

Soo one time Tip, Tweeks and I were out in Roswell NM looking for Aliens and we,,, never mind... Talkin to Aliens are ya Jack:scratchchin:?:beer::beer::beer::beer:

Soo one time Tip, Tweeks and I were out in Roswell NM looking for Aliens and we,,, never mind... Talkin to Aliens are ya Jack:scratchchin:?

Nah.... Just my cousin.. He's way out there... :-)

http://media.hollywood.com/images/l/Drew-Struzan-et.jpg

Nah.... Just my cousin.. He's way out there... :-)

http://media.hollywood.com/images/l/Drew-Struzan-et.jpg

I knew it,,, I knew it!!! That pointer finger is a flat out give away to the ET dna my brother. Remembering back to another great time Jack (C Vid), where you joined in with the group "VentureRider.org ROCKS" at the end of the vid and pointed your pointer to the sky = DEFINITELY a match!!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

It's always something..... So I picked up the flex tube scope a month or two ago in an auction for next to nothing, and it fit a mount that I had bought for another classic 250 that I really stole a couple of years ago in an auction. But now I had two 10" scopes but only one mount. Then up pops this new motorized synscan flex tube mount at auction and I get it.... Everything goes together perfectly But when I look at the mounting system and read the instructions I find to get the manual tube needs an upgrade part to fit the motorized mount. Basically a new type side plate for the tube to fit the drive mount. Yeesh!! So I call customer service, and leave two messages, and finally get a live person late in the afternoon but not the right department. So left another message with the right person and still waiting for a call back.... Why is it it's always the last thing in any project that goes FUBAR?? The last nut or bolt to get something apart?? The right part from the parts department, and it should fit, but it doesn't ?? Gawd I hate that.... Grrrr!! :bang head::depressed:

It's always something..... So I picked up the flex tube scope a month or two ago in an auction for next to nothing, and it fit a mount that I had bought for another classic 250 that I really stole a couple of years ago in an auction. But now I had two 10" scopes but only one mount. Then up pops this new motorized synscan flex tube mount at auction and I get it.... Everything goes together perfectly But when I look at the mounting system and read the instructions I find to get the manual tube needs an upgrade part to fit the motorized mount. Basically a new type side plate for the tube to fit the drive mount. Yeesh!! So I call customer service, and leave two messages, and finally get a live person late in the afternoon but not the right department. So left another message with the right person and still waiting for a call back.... Why is it it's always the last thing in any project that goes FUBAR?? The last nut or bolt to get something apart?? The right part from the parts department, and it should fit, but it doesn't ?? Gawd I hate that.... Grrrr!! :bang head::depressed:

Ya gotta tie a gremlin bell to your big toe Jack!!:big-grin-emoticon: