IGNORED

Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday

saddlebum

Not to start a political issue here but there seems to be that every year there is a faction regardless of race creed or colour that is insinuating that the phrase Merry Christmas should be replaced with phrases such as Happy Holiday. Happy HoHo, Merry X-mas, Etc..

Here is my thought and feeling on the subject. I feel That to say anything Other than Merry Christmas takes away from and waters down the whole Christmas spirit and season into just another plain cold meaningless Holiday.

Regardless whether you are religious or not, or whether you have different religious beliefs, I feel that Christmas not only portrays the celebration of The birth of Christ in the eyes and minds of those of us who believe in Christ but also sends the message of Peace on Earth and Good will to all, To say anything other than Merry Christmas just waters down that message. If it is wrong to belittle the beliefs of other cultures and beliefs then why is it Ok to belittle Christmas which was born of Christian beliefs.

So try to remember, Regardless whether you are religious or not, or whether you have different religious beliefs. Christmas also sends a second strong message that Spans all beliefs and should be heeded by all and that is ...

>>>>>>>> Peace on Earth and Goodwill To All.

Edited by saddlebum

My opinion fwiw...

The reason for the Holiday is Christmas! I know there are other festivals & celebrations BUT for me the reason for the season is CHRISTMAS & it always was! I'm not particularly religious but I do believe that Christians have the right to celebrate THEIR festival.

So I make no apology for wishing everyone a Happy, Peaceful & Joyous CHRISTMAS! I hope you will all be able to spend time with family & loved ones over the Christmas period.