IGNORED

A bit windy

Sailor

Had a huge windstorm here last Thursday. The worst I have seen in 40 years. We lost power last Thursday and water on Saturday. We were OK with the wood stove, BBQ,and propane lanterns. Had the freezer packed with ice. Got a lake full of water in front of the house. Others weren't so lucky. At least 61 telephone poles down and I don't know how many transformers. Hundreds of trees down. Mostly 60-70 footers that were uprooted due to all the rain we have had. Several houses and cars damaged or destroyed.

On Vancouver island they had over 300 poles down. Some places still digging out. We have power and water back now but our neighbours don't yet. Reminds me of the old days when you never went anywhere in the winter without a chain saw to get yourself back home.

We are good to go for Christmas. All the best to everyone out there, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Very good reason for a home generator wired in for start when the power goes. In the summer of 2016 I had a Generac installed due to summer storms. Never regretted it. I had a decent generator to back feed the house with but ("what if you are traveling?) kept in my head. No worries now. :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

:farmer:

Still cleaning up after the storm. Still a few places without power or water.

Local people are having a pot luck lunch for all the off island workers ( all 200 of them) getting things back to normal.

Getting things off to a Happy New Year for everyone.