IGNORED

New Moto Guzzi V85 TT details announced

camos

This new bike being released next year looks like it will be a very capable choice for those looking to downsize. It's 850 cc with 80 HP, traction control, cruise control and more weighing in at around 500 lb. The only down side for some is the 32" seat height.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/autosmotorcycles/moto-guzzi-v85-tt-details-announced/ar-BBPn5vh?li=AAggFp0

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/2019-moto-guzzi-v85-tt-first-look-review

Edited by camos

NICE!!!!! Personally, a beat up old KLR 650, V-Strom or Honda XL would be more to my liking but only from the perspective of,,, if it fell over and tumble 200 feet off a cliff out in Moab because I forgot to put a hunk of rock under its kickstand I could afford to leave it in a heap down in the gorge where it lay but yea,,, putting an 80 horse, 500 pound Guzzi like that thru its paces would DEFINITELY be a 1/4 ton of fun brother = DEFINITELY!!

Good catch Cammy:thumbsup:!!!

Loved my guzzi but the closest dealer was an hour away in Portland. My local mechanic just shook his head and said that 'we don't know much about these.' That was okay for the one I had, but not for the $18,000 California Touring bike I wanted to buy.

guzzi in red.jpg

I've come close to buying a Guzzi a few times, but always seem to find something I like better or at a better price.

That 850cc is in my sweet spot, but its a bit tall in the saddle for me and I bought a new bike already here in 2018.

I've come close to buying a Guzzi a few times, but always seem to find something I like better or at a better price.

That 850cc is in my sweet spot, but its a bit tall in the saddle for me and I bought a new bike already here in 2018.

This Guzzi has everything I would like in a small bike except that I detest the look of most adventure bikes, most of which seem to have an asymmetric layout and those really ugly aluminum boxes and up-swept exhausts. I would prefer a road bike that looks as good as the VR MkII and is a bit lighter.

I kinda doubt I'll find anything approaching a downsized version of the MkII. When I get too old to handle the weight perhaps just removing all the heavy old electronic components will be enough to get me by. Of course, I could also do some weight training so I can lift the damn thing.