IGNORED

WWW tires for 1998 RSTD?

Lakesideglenn

Good morning all,

I am looking to replace the tires on my 1998 RSTD and want wide whitewalls...the only manufacturer I can find who makes them in my sizes is Dunlop 404’s. Are there any other options out there that I’m missing? Looking to stay with stock size

F 150/80-16

R 150/90-15

Thanks, I’m a newbie here and this is a great forum!

Not sure what they offer now but with the old Avon Venoms, they made it in the correct size. My problem with the last two sets was cracking sidewalls. I loved them up to that point. Haven't bought them again after the last set again cracked.

Good morning all,

I am looking to replace the tires on my 1998 RSTD and want wide whitewalls...the only manufacturer I can find who makes them in my sizes is Dunlop 404’s. Are there any other options out there that I’m missing? Looking to stay with stock size

F 150/80-16

R 150/90-15

Thanks, I’m a newbie here and this is a great forum!

Did you look into the Shinko 777HD's? I believe they come in whitewall...don't know if those are wide enough though...

https://www.shinkotireusa.com/product/777-777-hd-heavy-duty/211908

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I’m going to go with the Dunlop 404’s. Not so much worried about the mileage, just want a good tire and must have the WWW.

Safe riding everyone!

Shinko 777 is a wide white wall. I put them on my 02 RSMV in May and they have very good road grip. Like them better than the 404s.

:farmer:

Front Product Number 87-4605 150/80-16 Shinko 777 HD WhiteWall

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114033

Rear Product Number 87-4591 150/90-15 Shinko 777 HD WhiteWall

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114034

Different model tires... front is fine but back is different, HD stands for Harley Davison...not sure what the difference is but must be a difference.

Ive checked Shinkos web site. Same deal

Oops! My bad. H.D. Is heavy duty, although they do make a HD for Harleys. So who has the best price online? Any suggestions appreciated. I’m in South NJ

You won't know until you look, I got mine from JPCYCLES.com, but prices change quickly so look them up and order when you have a great deal.

:farmer:

Oops! My bad. H.D. Is heavy duty, although they do make a HD for Harleys. So who has the best price online? Any suggestions appreciated. I’m in South NJ

See if your local motorcycle shop will match prices with the online stores (mine did as there is only one distributor for Shinko Tires) and then see what you can get a package install price for at that dealership. That way everybody wins and you get to throw a few dollars to the local economy where you live.