IGNORED

CTFW, kinda' or Overnight trip to Sandusky

luvmy40

So, our oldest and her beau are living in a camper park in Clyde, OH while he is working a contract job on a pipeline. Kris and I decided to go spend a day or two with her and the grand kids. We loaded The Beast and set out for the short, 3 hour ride Wednesday around 1:30pm.

This is the first time in a very long time we've been able to just take off and go on the bike. I miss week end trips but can never seem to make time for them anymore.

The ride out was going to be in chancy weather but we never got any real rain. Just a few minutes here and there of light drops. In the interest of saving time, we took the Ohio Turnpike out. That was a mistake. The ride was uneventful and the traffic was minimal but that highway is one long, boring stretch of concrete slab.

We had to stay a different campground as the RV park they're in doesn't allow tents. We arrived, got our camp site set up quickly and went off to find the kids. Man that area is flat and wide open. I'd forgotten how narrow the county roads could be in farm country! Lots of dirt roads too. At least they are well maintained.

We had a nice dinner at Applebee's and planned the next day.

Our campground had a prospecting schluss and the grand kids enjoyed panning for gems and fossils. They extracted seven arrowheads and about a pound of pretty rocks from their "Claim"(a couple bags of salted dirt purchased at the gift shop) and then we headed off to the Deer Park petting zoo where the kids were mobbed by pygmy goats and deer. We picked up one largish deer that would not leave my daughter alone. She followed us through the entire park and got the lion's share of a bag of feed.

Then we were off to the RV park's swimming pond to lounge in the sunshine and let the kids splash.

For the ride home, we stayed on secondary roads for the most part and it was a much more enjoyable ride. I picked up a couple used Kozee Keeper cup holders at Fox Cycles Works in Sandusky and mounted them for the ride home. There really isn't a good spot for a cup holder in either the driver's or passenger's positions on the Gen 1 bikes!

Some pictures or it didn't happen.

loadedreturn2.jpg

loadedreturn.jpg

campsite.jpg

MandKbench.jpg

MandKdeer.jpg

Kearaanddeer.jpg