IGNORED

looking for daymaker

Wizard765

so I'm seeing a lot of daymakers on eBay for the venture. They come with a bracket to mount them.. BUT all the ones I'm seeing have a halo ring around the outside and on the highway lights they are amber.. I really don't like the halo so does anyone know of a source without the halo? Price ranges from $115 to over $200.. I did see a black set that looked like what I wanted and black might even look good on my Millennium. Anyhooooo anyone?

I've seen those on Ebay/Amazon too. My only concern with those that I've found had been that the lens seems to be plastic/polycarbonate rather than glass. I'd be worried about yellowing and scratches over time. They do look sharp though!

I have seen those Daymaker LED headlights and from what I have read they are 30W low beam and 60W high beam. Isn't our wiring designed for 55W headlight?I have been using a 35W HID headlight at 6000K.

The original lighting on the RSV had 55w/low beam and 60w/high beam. But LED use considerably less wattage. And the numbers floating around could indicate comparable wattage for the LED. :think:

:farmer:

I was going to look at this bike before I found the one I bought. I think it has what you're looking for?

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112968

If you contact the seller maybe he can tell you about what he installed. Link to the ad is below.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-touring/fort-mcmurray/03-royal-star-midnight-venture/1349573253?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

That one has the stock headlight and the passing lights are the ones with the halo which is what I'm finding all the time. what I'm looking for is the ones without the halo.. I'm also reading that in some cases you can get an adapter to mount the headlight and if not then there is some cutting involved to get it into the stock bucket..

• 10 months later...
so I'm seeing a lot of daymakers on eBay for the venture. They come with a bracket to mount them.. BUT all the ones I'm seeing have a halo ring around the outside and on the highway lights they are amber.. I really don't like the halo so does anyone know of a source without the halo? Price ranges from $115 to over $200.. I did see a black set that looked like what I wanted and black might even look good on my Millennium. Anyhooooo anyone?

I found the Daymaker easily some time after you looked. It even had a photo of the RSV with Daymakers. I bought the kit. No halo ring on the headlight but they were on the passing lamps but white. Problem is, they lied! Not "Plug and play". I had to cut off the plug end from the passing lamps and direct wire them. They're great! The headlight, however, can't be installed in any way I can see. The RSV headlight is a complete unit. If you remove it, the "adapter" supplied won't match up. I wonder how they it pictures of an RSV with Daymakers installed! I contacted the seller and they said their supplier assured them that they can be used on the RSV and offered a refund. I don't want a refund! I want to know how to install the headlight!

Guest divey
I found the Daymaker easily some time after you looked. It even had a photo of the RSV with Daymakers. I bought the kit. No halo ring on the headlight but they were on the passing lamps but white. Problem is, they lied! Not "Plug and play". I had to cut off the plug end from the passing lamps and direct wire them. They're great! The headlight, however, can't be installed in any way I can see. The RSV headlight is a complete unit. If you remove it, the "adapter" supplied won't match up. I wonder how they it pictures of an RSV with Daymakers installed! I contacted the seller and they said their supplier assured them that they can be used on the RSV and offered a refund. I don't want a refund! I want to know how to install the headlight!

You didn’t happen to take a pic of your passing lamp surgery did you? If so, can you post? Thanks. Doug

That one has the stock headlight and the passing lights are the ones with the halo which is what I'm finding all the time. what I'm looking for is the ones without the halo.. I'm also reading that in some cases you can get an adapter to mount the headlight and if not then there is some cutting involved to get it into the stock bucket..

There was a US company did a 'shootout' on about 12-15 LED headlights, many actually ended up being quite poor for 'lux' at 25 mtrs. (chinese e/bay-alibaba JW speaker knock offs).

One 'reasonable' company seems to be 'sunpie' they do a 'HD' replacement that has 2x40watt projector (1 low/1 hi) and 2x10 watt near field/peripheral built in LED's for each lo or hi it's the one I've looked at for my own bike, mainly because the unobtanium of the spotlight bar for a Venture.

https://www.sunpie.co/collections/harley-lights/products/7-led-headlight-for-harley-davidson-motorcycle-projector-daymaker-hid-led-light-bulb-headlamp-black