IGNORED

Just how wrong would it be

s.tyler58

Attach a battery powered Carbon Monoxide monitor to the back of you trunk and go for a ride. Then you will know if exhaust is getting there or not. Then repeat the test with the dog crate and no dog. Then make the monitor a permanent part of the crate to monitor all the time while riding with the dog. Do this same testing with a thermometer back there.

The next thing to consider is the amount of bouncing that happens back there. The trunk location would not be a pleasant place to ride, all road bumps will be amplified by the geometry of the bike.

The back of the bubble behind the fairing may collect engine heat, and if you have put on louder pipes it will be really loud back there.

Yah, it was just a thought. I just arrived home from my longest trip to date on this motorcycle of 276 miles. I didn't stop until I needed to refill the tank. I'm getting better stamina and would go farther now if I knew I didn't have to make it back before I'm exhausted. I can't really camp and leave a little dog at home with no one to check on him.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My dog wanted so bad to ride with me and I hated to leave him. I bought a T bag dog container. I strapped it on the passenger seat of my VTX. He liked it but no matter how I fastened him in the thing he would try to climb out so he could sit on my lap. Needless to say I never took him very far. I loved him too much to take a chance. I even considered a sidecar, just for him. I even took a sidecar riding class.

When I would return from a trip I'd stop by McDonalds to pick him up a double cheeseburger. He passed three years ago so the sidecar idea never came about. I sure miss the guy. I wish I would have bought the side car.