IGNORED

It pays to purchase the already printed Service Manaul...

Since this is a hydraulic engine with JUST FOUR screw & lock-nut adjusters... If I am gonna spend the time to pop the lids then I am sure as heck gonna spend all of 15 seconds per each adjuster to get them back to Zero. Wouldn't make sense to spend all the time taking the tank and plastics off to just LOOK at the adjusters. It's a screw and lock-nut... fifteen seconds more time and you get back to zero with absolutely no problems.

It will take you more time to drink one beer, than it will to adjust the valves (those FOUR SCREW & LOCK-NUT adjusters) starting when you get the valve covers off.

VERSUS

On a 2nd Gen Venture you have to remove and replace SIXTEEN precision ground shims of all different sizes since it is a shim-over-bucket engine. This takes hours and then you have to order the correct size replacement shims or have some already ready to go to get the thing back together.

Be prepared with cases of beer and you might as well call in sick tomorrow because you WILL have a hang-over by the time you get this beast back together.

Spot on on all counts... Take ya more time to line up the crank or cam marks to make sure the lobes are 180 off the tappets than it will to do the actual adjusting.. Pretty cool actually,,, no feeler gauges reguired,,, just good micrometer feel with your fingers to bottom them out and cakes all dough,,, easy peasy:thumbsup:

If you want a photo of my old Victory your out of luck as I no longer hav any photos of the bike out side of a rear shot showing the tag.

I can't believe you threw out old pictures of motorcycles you have had. Ex-wives well okay, but not bikes.

Having the paper manual right there is best when actually doing planned work at home, that I why I have purchased paper manuals for all of my vehicles. But then I have also gotten electronic manuals for all of my vehicles that I store on both my desktop and my phone. If something goes wrong while on the road, working from the little pic on the phone is still way better than having a pretty manual on the shelf at home. Heck the service manual for my truck is 7 volumes at 2" thick each and weighs a good 30 lbs. I would not want to lug that around while traveling.

I would never buy a Harbor Freight torque wrench, to many have been found to be defective by people over the years. Hoping you did not get a defective one after breaking off a critical bolt or strip a critical thread is not the time to find out you got a el cheap defective torque wrench.