IGNORED

Very sad news.....

Freebird

I kinda wish you had of, but like you said its only reasonable to figure I saw it. But with so much going on I have been on site hit and miss sometimes I only check the 1st page just for a quick peek. Not that any of it will make a difference now. Either way he will be missed.
Bum I missed it for two days only reason I caught it was I got aggravated at a project I was working and had to step away. Then this hit me like a ton of bricks. I never got to meet him but got know him. I was not expecting the news what so ever. It still don't seem real..

Never ride faster then your angel can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, it hurts me more than I can say to have to report this news but it has to be done. We lost one of our longest and most active members today. Yammer Dan has forever left our group and this world. I don't have all the details yet but understand that he had, at long last, found and purchased a trike somewhere down in Tennessee. He, his wife, and his son or son in law drove down to get it. Yammer paid for the trike and headed home and I understand only made it about 4 miles when something happened. It is very unclear right now but it is possible that he had some type of medical condition that possibly caused him to come off the trike.

It is with such a heavy heart that I report this sad news. Yammer has had more than his share of bad luck over the past few years. More than many people could take. I understand that he was so very excited that he had finally found a good deal on the trike of his dreams and was so very excited about surprising all of us at Maintenance Day. Yammer was the first to admit that he was generally a loner and did not easily take to groups of any kind but he had found a group within VentureRiders that he felt accepted and comfortable with. I am so thankful for that and that we were able to count him amongst our many friends.

There will be more posted as more is learned but for now, please keep his wife and family in your thoughts and if you are so inclined to do so, please say a prayer for the entire family. I will miss him. I'm sure that many of you will as well.

Hurts to read this. Been a few months since I have been on here, and came back a couple days ago to catch up and missed this til today. YD was one of the many personalities on here that I really enjoyed reading, RIP brother, and prayers to the family and loved ones, I am sure there are many. :2132:

Crazy how you get to know people these days without ever getting to meet them. I just want to picture you riding brown sugar in heaven and raising Cain. I keep hoping when I pop in from time to time to see something posted about how seafoam, marvel, are good mixed together, just something..

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

I'm a newb, so I don't know Yammer, but he did help me with a reply or two, and with that I am grateful to him. I think that's the reason I like motorcycles so much. It's not about the machine, it's about the people that ride them. I've been riding bikes along time and started mc traveling 15 years ago and have met alot of awesome peeps along the way. Complete strangers who will help you, give you a place to stay, a hot meal and friendship. I'm sure Yammer was one of those kind.

Ride On Yammer!!!

Correction: It is about the machines. We love them and live for them because they bring us so much joy and freedom.

• 2 weeks later...
I sure miss Dan, with all respect to his family does anyone know the pending result or cause of his accident? Originally they said it could be medical and it was being investigated. Just not the same on here without Yammer Dan.

I am also curious what happened... But I am also curious on what is going on with his brother... that was a mess for sure I believe the guy was in the right...