IGNORED

Ya gotta love the places found, things seen and wildlife met when out CTFW...

cowpuc

I met this interesting character on a bike ride in Texas Hill Country.

That lop eared varmint has got that "so where are you hiding all the apples?" look on his face.... :big-grin-emoticon:

:think:, and that donkey looks like he is answering the question with a typical routine mule come back of: "Sorry I ate em all this morning but if ya give me a ride to the store I will buy us each a nice cold Honey Crisp".. :biker::beer:

Puc I use to go to that area for one or two weeks every year from 1990 to 2005 in Oct for hunting. Buffalo, Kaycee and Ten Sleep area. I would love to live there.

We had the coolest thing happen to us just west of Ten Sleep Roller.. Here we are,, CTFW on Tweeks out in the middle of nowhere when we round a big sweeping corner and see a tall, lanky Cowboy loading hay into the back of a horse trailer if front of his ranch... No other cars or bikes around and no other folks could be seen at his ranch = nothing to prove to anybody.. That lone Cowboy looks at the three of us, sets his bale of hay down, stands up and gives us a great big "Howdy" of a wave with a big smile to back it up.. After we returned his greeting, he bends back down, picks up his load and walks into his horse trailer...

Yea,,, it is beautiful out there,,,, in more ways than one.... :happy34:

A little cool this week.

Yep a little cool this week for sure. It can change there in a heart beat. We have seen temps in the high 80* when we get there and by mid week have 35" of :snow2: and well below zero. We camped and hunted on a ranch near Kaycee along the Crazy Woman river. At about 7,000 ft. and hunted to over 10,000 ft.

Yep a little cool this week for sure. It can change there in a heart beat. We have seen temps in the high 80* when we get there and by mid week have 35" of :snow2: and well below zero. We camped and hunted on a ranch near Kaycee along the Crazy Woman river. At about 7,000 ft. and hunted to over 10,000 ft.

:sign Rock On::sign Rock On:!!! Two great minds Roller,,, two great minds!!! :hihi:

The comment section of Pt. 5 below reads:

""We have learned to never camp at high altitudes while motorcycle touring if we don't have to. Its not unheard of for mountain ranges like the Big Horns to get 3 or 4 feet of snow overnight even in the summer time.. That is why we chose to extend our normal 14 hour ride day out to 17 hours to locate this perfect, much lower elevation watering station parking lot "campground"..

This was my trip out to Steamboat Springs area back in 77. This is when I knew I needed a Touring bike before they'd been invented. That Kawasaki 650 could cruise all day. Speed limit on the Interstate was 55 then. You can see I went to the Cowpuck school of packing. That was my buddies new Yamaha 1100. So maybe the year wasn't 77 but 78. Cuz I met that guy in rehab.0f76bc7a1d432b4f367d6bf0b8abd898.jpg

in the Eternal scheme of things, this isn't even the blink of an eye.

Really got me feelin the CTFW Fever brother! Damn you! I'd really love to go up that way, but like you said the last week in June is probably going to be awfully cold up in those northern mountains. I'm gonna have to reroute my trip, now I just gotta decide where! Thanks for the video update! I'll give ya a like on youtube!

All this remembering of past trips, we have been discussing at home where the front wheel may take us this year. Then the next big question, do we take the RSV or do we travel on the Ural, decisions decisions, my idea is to just plan at least a couple trips so we can take one in each.

Mike

Really got me feelin the CTFW Fever brother! Damn you! I'd really love to go up that way, but like you said the last week in June is probably going to be awfully cold up in those northern mountains. I'm gonna have to reroute my trip, now I just gotta decide where! Thanks for the video update! I'll give ya a like on youtube!

YOU are more than welcome Cha and a double back flip over the top THANK YOU for the YouTube :happy34:!!!

This was my trip out to Steamboat Springs area back in 77. This is when I knew I needed a Touring bike before they'd been invented. That Kawasaki 650 could cruise all day. Speed limit on the Interstate was 55 then. You can see I went to the Cowpuck school of packing. That was my buddies new Yamaha 1100. So maybe the year wasn't 77 but 78. Cuz I met that guy in rehab.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180220/0f76bc7a1d432b4f367d6bf0b8abd898.jpg

My ohhh my does THAT picture bring back memories,, talk about the early days of touring (we just called it riding back then didn't we Ty!!!).

I was CTFW on a HD Shovelhead Lowrider (fancy Super Glide) at the time and packed exactly like seen in your pic!! Will never forget pulling under a bridge out in Colorado cause a major T-Storm has caught up with me.. Pulled in beside 4 guys from Jersey who, like me, were headed out "Ghost Towning" in the desert... They were riding Honda Twin Stars (250cc,, similar to the Honda 250 Rebel but less $$) and loaded to the gills in the same way.. We all LAUGHED histarically as we ran to pick up the Twin Stars after a Semi came by and blew em all down when its head wind caught the luggage on each and blew em down.. Later on that trip I got stopped by a CHIP's 4 reaching back in my sleeping bag, pullin out a camera and snappin a pic of em.. He was riding a 900 Kawi not that unlike your KZ Ty (painted white and WOW - like that KZ650 = THEY FLEW!!) and I just had to have a pic.. Balled me out good for going no handed but no ticket...

Had a flat rear tire about 1 hour later just outside of Ventura California.. Pulled into a Orange Tree farm and started dismantling the bike to remove wheel to head into town.. Guy that owned the Oranges stopped, took me into Ventura to get new tire mounted, back to put it back together.. Got done and his wife had cooked us up an amazing Taco lunch.. I tried to pay him,, even threatened him when he refused payment by telling him that I was part of the Hell's Angles and if he didnt take my money my friends were gonna get him.. It didn't work,, he just laughed and told me I could camp in his Oranges any time I made it out there.. WOWZY I have met a LOT of great people by CTFW...

Sorry for :Im not listening to Ty but hey,, you started it :stickinouttounge:

My ohhh my does THAT picture bring back memories,, talk about the early days of touring (we just called it riding back then didn't we Ty!!!).

I was CTFW on a HD Shovelhead Lowrider (fancy Super Glide) at the time and packed exactly like seen in your pic!! Will never forget pulling under a bridge out in Colorado cause a major T-Storm has caught up with me.. Pulled in beside 4 guys from Jersey who, like me, were headed out "Ghost Towning" in the desert... They were riding Honda Twin Stars (250cc,, similar to the Honda 250 Rebel but less $$) and loaded to the gills in the same way.. We all LAUGHED histarically as we ran to pick up the Twin Stars after a Semi came by and blew em all down when its head wind caught the luggage on each and blew em down.. Later on that trip I got stopped by a CHIP's 4 reaching back in my sleeping bag, pullin out a camera and snappin a pic of em.. He was riding a 900 Kawi not that unlike your KZ Ty (painted white and WOW - like that KZ650 = THEY FLEW!!) and I just had to have a pic.. Balled me out good for going no handed but no ticket...

Had a flat rear tire about 1 hour later just outside of Ventura California.. Pulled into a Orange Tree farm and started dismantling the bike to remove wheel to head into town.. Guy that owned the Oranges stopped, took me into Ventura to get new tire mounted, back to put it back together.. Got done and his wife had cooked us up an amazing Taco lunch.. I tried to pay him,, even threatened him when he refused payment by telling him that I was part of the Hell's Angles and if he didnt take my money my friends were gonna get him.. It didn't work,, he just laughed and told me I could camp in his Oranges any time I made it out there.. WOWZY I have met a LOT of great people by CTFW...

Sorry for :Im not listening to Ty but hey,, you started it :stickinouttounge:

It's funny you bring up the weather and sitting under an overpass. On the trip pictured we spent an hour in western Nebraska under an overpass during a hailstorm. A vacationing family invited us to join them in their Suburban to wait out the storm. When we started down the road again there were tire tracks on the interstate with 5 inch of ice piled up between and alongside from hail