IGNORED

HELP on Carb Sticks

I have been using Motion Pro carb stick for several years and had no trouble syncing the carbs. The last two times I ha ve tried to sync the carbs I could not even get close. Today the mercury was sucked up into the carbs twice at idle. Have sprayed the carb boots with WD40 and it didn't make any difference in idle. Anyone have andy ideas. Also I replace all sparkplugs.

Gene Weir:confused24:

I had the same thing happen to me last summer, and it was my own fault for following the shop manual instructions. The they show the wrong screws for the cylinders indicated. If you did what I did the number 2 carb is closed tight and number one is open. you will need to get a base line setting on the 1-2 carbs and start from scratch.

Installed the hose resistors, and it did not help, sucked the mercury out in about 30 seconds. Emailed Motion Pro , they said I a broken ring or a burnt valve. Local shop does not have any idea until a compression test and leakdown test is done. What do youall think? I guess that what I get for bad mouthing HDs so much.

Gene Weir

They are probably just WRONG WRONG WRONG. I've heard and seen this happen before and it had nothing to do with rings or valves. They were just out of adjustment enough to cause it to happen.

Bob Dakin had the same thing happen. He finally used the Carbtune and got them adjusted just fine.