IGNORED

Motorin' in Muncie

paddler

I took a job in Muncie, Indiana last month that might keep me here for a year or so. I was finally able to bring the Venture down from home in Cleveland yesterday. Great weather for the 275 mi. ride! Anyway, I'm wondering if there are other Venture riders in the Muncie area and if so, is there a group that rides together down here? I work a weird schedule and my days off change every month; I'm only off on weekends for a month at a time, but it would be nice to meet up with some folks for a ride now and then.

I'm on the west side of Indy (about 70 miles from Muncie). Danob11 is in Indy. Mariner Fan lives in Alexandria (about 20 miles west of Muncie). There are a couple of others in the center of the State, but I haven't seen them on in a while.

I never have weekends on the weekend. Right now mine are Thursday and Friday. Want to go riding on a Thursday or Friday? PM me or give me a holler, my number's in the Members List. I'm about due for a ride in Brown County and that's better mid-week anyway.

I took a job in Muncie, Indiana last month that might keep me here for a year or so. I was finally able to bring the Venture down from home in Cleveland yesterday. Great weather for the 275 mi. ride! Anyway, I'm wondering if there are other Venture riders in the Muncie area and if so, is there a group that rides together down here? I work a weird schedule and my days off change every month; I'm only off on weekends for a month at a time, but it would be nice to meet up with some folks for a ride now and then.

Dude, I'm your next door neighbor! I live in Alexandria, just 15 miles West of you. I'm going on a ride on Saturday if the weather holds. We plan to go to Gene's hotdog stand for dogs and rootbeer at noon then go over to Noblesville Honda for their open house. Give me a buzz if you want to join me.

Bob

Hey, you guys are just trying to rub it in that I'm not done with my bike yet, huh!?!?!?! Seriously, wish I could join ya. Will be done in time to ride over for maintenance day, though. Is anybody else going over? I'm leaving Friday, staying at Oberlin Inn Fri and Sat nites. Navigator going, too. First looong ride for us.

Welcome to Hoosierland, Puddler. My daughter's up there at Ball State, going up next Friday to retrieve her for the summer. Glad to have you in the area and we'll definately do some riding this summer!

Best places for riding here is the southern part of the state. Brown county is a good place to start.

Look forward to meeting you,

Dan

BTW, I'm in northwestern Shelby county, which is the southeast corner of Indy, just off I-74

Hey, you guys are just trying to rub it in that I'm not done with my bike yet, huh!?!?!?! Seriously, wish I could join ya. Will be done in time to ride over for maintenance day, though. Is anybody else going over? I'm leaving Friday, staying at Oberlin Inn Fri and Sat nites. Navigator going, too. First looong ride for us.

Welcome to Hoosierland, Puddler. My daughter's up there at Ball State, going up next Friday to retrieve her for the summer. Glad to have you in the area and we'll definately do some riding this summer!

Best places for riding here is the southern part of the state. Brown county is a good place to start.

Look forward to meeting you,

Dan

BTW, I'm in northwestern Shelby county, which is the southeast corner of Indy, just off I-74

Dan,

I want to go to the Maintenance day meet but I think they are going to be filled up. Just thinking of it so far.

Give 'em a call, Mariner, they were going to "hold" some more rooms for us. And possibly some guys might have some extra room. #'s 800-376-4173, tell'em you're with Ventureriders. See what happens. Also, put a post on here about extra space.

Dan

Hey, you guys are just trying to rub it in that I'm not done with my bike yet, huh!?!?!?!
Perish the thought. We feel your pain. It's almost like - dare I say it - winter. In fact if there's anything I can do to help, you have but to mention it. I'm off Thursday and Friday now, but the rest of the week come 3pm I'm walking out to a parking lot on east Brookville Road. Shelbyville is just a short hop away, so I know you can't be far.

As to Maintenance Day, yet again I will not be able to attend. I had planned to burn a day off so that I could be there. Then my nephew, who's been 'shacking up' for years, finally talks her into actually marrying him. That part's fine, happiness, best wishes for the future, here's a blender, all that. But they picked Maintenance Day to get married on! Something about tradition. I dunno, must be a chick thing.:confused24:

Hey Bummer, you must work out at International. I'm just off the Pleasant View exit off of 74. We'll have to hookup sometime. When I get ready to stick the motor back in the frame, I might just have you out to help. Gotta get the frame sandblasted and painted, then it's reassembly time!!!!!

Dan

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm looking forward to meeting you all in this area!

Mariner Fan, I am working on Sat., but thanks for the invite. After this week I'll be off Thu & Fri's for a month or so then change again, but hope to make some of the rides with you all...

Thanks again...Dave

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm looking forward to meeting you all in this area!

Mariner Fan, I am working on Sat., but thanks for the invite. After this week I'll be off Thu & Fri's for a month or so then change again, but hope to make some of the rides with you all...

Thanks again...Dave

Dave,

Look up Steve (Bummer),

You both have the same days off and he's a good guy to ride with. You are more than welcome to visit me in Alexandria. I'm just down the road.

Bob

Hey Bummer, you must work out at International. I'm just off the Pleasant View exit off of 74. We'll have to hookup sometime. When I get ready to stick the motor back in the frame, I might just have you out to help. Gotta get the frame sandblasted and painted, then it's reassembly time!!!!!

Dan

Yep. I'm a Stationary Engineer/HVAC tech at the Powerstroke plant.

Oh, and we've got bells to swap, don't we?