IGNORED

Trouble with which socket?

:confused24::confused24::confused24::confused24:I have to change my plugs. Sea Foam has done its work. However, NONE of the plug sockets or regular metric sockets will fit.

Is there a special socket one must get? Does it have to be "thin wall"?

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you all in advance for helping with my "stupidity"!!! Or silliness, you choose!

Thanks

Ohedron42

:confused24::confused24::confused24::confused24:I have to change my plugs. Sea Foam has done its work. However, NONE of the plug sockets or regular metric sockets will fit.

Is there a special socket one must get? Does it have to be "thin wall"?

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you all in advance for helping with my "stupidity"!!! Or silliness, you choose!

Thanks

Ohedron42

18MM deep socket will do the trick, I normally use a U joint between that & the ratchet, to give just enough height.

Thanks Guys!! I feel like a stoopid monkey. Unfortunately I do NOT have the tool kit. I wish I did. But I will be making one, the ones on ebay are just to expensive.

So, Thin walled, 3/8 drive with a swivel and one inch extention. Thank you all gentlemen.

I deeply appreciate it.

Ohedron42

i took a standard 18MM socket, and ground it down on the lower half, so that it just fits into the tapered hole.

1inch extension, just to break the plug loose.

then i use a piece of vacuum hose to unscrew the plugs, and to start the new ones back in.

just jt

Thanks to everyone for your help. In the end, I had to go to a Yamaha shop and get a 3.99 tool. but it was too short and the heads were in the way. So I went to checker and got a T-handle spark plug wrench and welded the suckers together!!

Worked like a charm. Changed them thar plugs in less then 15 mins!!!

Again, Thanks for all the help.

Ohedron42

merlin:)

Thanks Guys!! I feel like a stoopid monkey. Unfortunately I do NOT have the tool kit. I wish I did. But I will be making one, the ones on ebay are just to expensive.

So, Thin walled, 3/8 drive with a swivel and one inch extention. Thank you all gentlemen.

I deeply appreciate it.

Ohedron42

Use an 8" or longer extention